NERRB NoHo Sort’a Freeze Your Beep Off Spring Ride Pics!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would this have been a stupid idea?

• Total voters
Next weeks forecast. Its not a warm up, it's a Warm DOWN!

TueFeb 25
14.png

30°

11°

Snow Shower

CHANCE OF SNOW:
40%

WIND:
WNW at 11 mph
Details
WedFeb 26
14.png

27°

Snow Shower

CHANCE OF SNOW:
40%

WIND:
NW at 7 mph
Details
ThuFeb 27
30.png

28°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF PRECIP:
0%

WIND:
W at 14 mph
Details
FriFeb 28
28.png

18°

Mostly Cloudy

CHANCE OF SNOW:
0%

WIND:
NW at 12 mph
Details
SatMar 1
34.png

20°

Mostly Sunny

CHANCE OF SNOW:
0%

WIND:
NW at 7 mph
Details
SunMar 2
30.png

26°

15°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF PRECIP:
0%

WIND:
NW at 8 mph

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

It's all giving me a crying headache!

It's not all doom and gloom - let's put a positive bent on this:

How do you feel about this ride - in song?

Last edited:
We had a big melt yesterday, its expected to continue for today and tomorrow before it cools down again - there is still hope! :)

The cool-down has begun and with just under a month before the ride, let’s hope there will be a “snow-free path” for us to ride on – I’m optimistic!

Some pics from last year’s Freeze Your Beep-Off:

y2eqyhyq.jpg

yvyrava5.jpg

S5002225_zps41409654.jpg

TunnelBar_zps81d6c992.jpg

I forgot there was snow last year. I just remembered the cold. And sleeping in my car since 5:30am waiting for you guys after dropping MIL at the airport.

It was cold!

I too, remember you waiting for us. The food at the dinner was great and more then reasonably priced; we set a nice pace on the trail and the affirmative comments (Cool rides!) from the group of roadies added to the ride experience – good times!

I just noticed, from looking at the pics, that we all rode single-speeds. :cool:

Ian, I did a recon down here along CT shore and found a snow-free trail.
The FOS (Folks On Spokes) trail outta Milford ( Woodmont area) along shore
to West Haven boardwalk,about 8 miles one way,70% off road,paved path.
All clear at present,can't speak for condition after this weekend...Stevil

Guess what – more snow will be here on Monday!

Got warmth?

tropical-paradise.jpg

It's coming down fast n furious here in Meriden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year it was held on Sunday March, 24th; if there is a scheduling conflict this year, we’ll advance the Freeze Your BEEP-Off for the Sunday before on March 16th. This arrangement will allow us to ride a week earlier than expected, while permitting us to impetuously drain our pockets the following Sunday!

Looks like you guys will need to reschedule this again-

Annual Jim Huntington Bicycle Show and Swap
Sunday, MARCH 23, 2014
AMVETS Post 74 2150 Main St., Three Rivers, MA

Back