NEXT BUILD OFF...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
if i were going to have two seperate classes i would make the top class the traditional RRBBO3 then do an outlaw class for those who feel the need to cut more than the rules allow.

My 2 cents! ........ONE set of rules............If you don't want to follow them, just do a build in the "Bike Builds". I'm not sure, but isn't it the "challenge" to see who builds the best or most popular bike, according to the "set of rules".

did i miss something. i am just building a rat, if there is to be another call as b/t, i may build another for that. but since lucky 7 is the only true b/t built guess i had better not call my bikes a b/t. so i think i will only build a rat. so all of you who thinks you have build a b/t, guess ya all better call it a cruiser cause ya fliped the bars upside down. there is only one b/t ever built. maybe i should just build something an put it in the bike build section an call it a bicycle.

Outlaw

outlaw thats not it at all. i just dont think there should be two classes at all. these are all just kustom bicycles thats it. i like the rules the way they are i just think it is silly to seperate the classes because of how the bars are done. i was not implying that the lucky 7 is the only boardtracker ever done at all sorry if i came across like that. only that not all bikes with bars like that are that style heck the bike i am going to build for the build off will have flipped bars but not emulate a boardtracker at all. i think it is just cool and leave it at that lol. i dont want to start a whole thing like the whole "what is a rat rod" now turned "what is a boardtracker." only to say that i hate steriotyping a style bike and thats what it is. when it comes down to it that is exactly what builders like myself try to do, break the mold.

KOTA said:
My 2 cents! ........ONE set of rules............If you don't want to follow them, just do a build in the "Bike Builds". I'm not sure, but isn't it the "challenge" to see who builds the best or most popular bike, according to the "set of rules".
thats what id say too(heck mine just might be in the build section just because :wink: )

actually kota is very much right one set of rules one class best bike takes all. thats what i think it should be.

i don't come off as anything as you kerfer said in a pm to me. this is what you wrote after someone askede if there was to be two classes. lucky 7 is a full on b/t. just because you flip the bars upside down should notinstantly count a bike a b/t. if the people want a drop bar cruiser as i call all cruisers of this type, thenso be it. they should not be stuffed into their own class. i hate labels to be put onto anything other then it is cool. then you say, do a outlaw class for those who feel the need to cut more then the rules allow. man if that isn't a double standard then i don't know what is.you call your lucky 7 a b/t but you don't like labels.lol. you built a nice bicycle pure an simple. it's just a bicycle, built like you wanted it to be. i don't care what is a rat or what is a b/t. it's just something in our minds that we see and we want to build it like what we have seen and call it that. so what if there is two classes, one for rats an one for b/t's. who cares. build what ya want or do both or do nothing an just build bicycles.

Outlaw

dude i BUILT the 7 WITH the intenton of looking like one. thats all i ment and by saying do an outlaw class i ment that there are a lot of guys on here who would like that not even really me in particular. yea i pmed you just to try and smooth the water but whatever sorry you took it wrong. these are all bikes in the end boardtracker, chopper, whatever fine you win im done with this .

I've got a question about bike eligibility, I have a couple of projects that I have had kicking around my apartment in very un-built states for a while now, but I have already posted build threads with mockups of what I am trying to accomplish (the 24" Spaceliner muscle bike and the matching boy/girl Spaceliner pair with the red and white tires). Are either of those still eligible if I haven't actually got them built yet? Some of the parts didn't even arrive until last week, even though they were ordered over a month ago. The other bike I would think about entering is my first Spaceliner, the one in my intro post, because I have been making plans for customization and swapping out a lot of parts. If none of them are finished or even mostly built by the start of the build-off, can I enter one of them? Who's in charge here? I am looking forward to possibly being involved in this endeavor.

Well Joeymac, my buddy gave me a bike, I swapped some parts out on it, and then realized this thing was supposed to start next week. Sounds like me and you are kinda in the same boat! But I've got lots of work ahead planned for mine!!!

yea any bike will be fine
you could redo a previously entered bike even aslong as its noticeably changed i am sure
even tho some of us buy and build many bikes I dont think it would be necessary that everyone build a complete different bike every year
some people would never want more than a couple bikes and the option to "redo" them should be open.
it may be a build off but more than anything it is a person building his bike to best suit them and their personalty :)

I came back just at the right time! I did feel a disturbance in the Rat Force... It must have been all the build-off excitment...

Count me in!

Hugo

Back