Next Victim Stretch (Now Rideable)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Next Victim Stretch

Yeah It probably would work. The set screw worked good so far , but I havent stuck a bunch of weight on it either. You would probably have to tack the clamp on so it wouldnt slide off.

Well all the welds are ground down and It looked pretty good so I decided to shoot some black paint on it.

blackpaint001.jpg

Ok for some reason the more I do the sillier this looks. I built the bars and the oversized stem. Even my wife said man that looks strange...which is her code for WHAT are you doing. So I'm not sure on going farther with this. I dont think that a different seat and some wooden grips will help this any. May rest a day and think about it.

dumblooking001.jpg

dumblooking002.jpg

deorman said:
Unfortunately, it appears that the tall wheels and short wheelbase of the original are a big part of the look. :?
I'd have to agree...The lines with the shorter wheelbase were what caught the eye. But don't despair...that's still a one-off custom! :wink:

Got a hairpin saddle coming thanks to the generosity of Cman. I just stuck that one one there to test ride. It rides good. Close on looks. Needs bigger rims and white tires ,but the thing is the build is just for fun and I will probably cut the frame up after its done. Mark and I have already noticed a really nice frame hiding inside this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I still have to build the brake and maybe a copy of a carbide light for the front. It looks a little better with a crank.

rideable002.jpg

fdbdown.jpg

rideable004.jpg

how would it look with the stem about 4" lower?? Too boardtracker-ish???
Still diggin it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The bad thing is if I keep hacking the stem it will get down to where...I might as well use regular bars. I havent got a clue as to the height of the bars. Im just guessing ,but they are way higher than we have them now in that picture. I figure im about there. I think the hairpin saddle will change the look . The wooden grips will help too, along with the front brake and light.

Hmmm... I really like the how everything from the seat tube back looks. I think if you shortened the front triangle and add a couple of degrees of angle on the head tube it would look less awkward. Some 28" or 700x40c Electra townie cream colored tires would look good. Just my 2cents. It looks cool just the way it is.

It would look better with bigger tires and wheels ,but so far I have spent $8 for metal...cheap build. Was really just trying to see if I could copy a bicycle. I got close with a limited budget. I could buy stuff. That carbide light on fleabay is about $140 and new tires and 28'' wheels wouldnt be cheap either and then I would have a copy (worthless) of a really old bike. :cry: :cry: Thought it would be fun for everybody to watch a little bit different build.

Hey U.S.I've enjoyed the build very much! And I think you nailed the concept! Keep buildin' em!! The more time I spend here, the more confident I get! :mrgreen:

Since I do quiet a few builds ,I should take more how I do things pictures I guess. To me ,I try to get a little bit better with each one I do. I really dont ride too much and mostly this is about being retired and having something to do to keep busy. I sat in the house and watched tv for the last two months , because its so hot. We had our two driest months. All the grass is dead in everybodys yard. Its so hot if you go outside and just stand you will get wringing wet. My shop stays at 68 degrees so if I dont weld too much and smoke up my shop I can work in comfort. Mark/Kram and I swap emails all day long ,and he looks at all the goings on and makes suggestions. He has a good eye for what looks good on a build. I appreciate his time in the designs , and having someone like him really helps.So I try to give everybody something fun to look at. There are alot of talented people on the site now and hopefully everybody can pickup a few tricks when they look. :wink:

Back