One-Liner.... Now in FINISHED BIKES thread !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a great afternoon with @MplsCoaster . Steve came out to my hood for a nice 15 mi plus ride over hill and dale....he might say mostly 'hill'..:21:

He brought his 3 spd, stick shift equipped muscle beauty and I rode 'Faded Glory'. We took off from the BACK40 and enjoyed a couple hours on the steeds.

Thanks Steve! Ride on, and ...Rat on!

View attachment 25148

Pit stop at the Kwik Trip along the way...

View attachment 25147

Couple of beauts! If my car matched my bike it would have to be old, and rusty, and .....*ding!* hey......:nerd:

View attachment 25146

My visit with Odd Job was a lot of fun. Got to see the back forty and awesome bike shop.

IMG_3686.jpg

His One-Liner looks really cool. The match between the tank and naturally patina’d frame is incredible. First rate work! The nanner seat really fits the bike and I got to hear the super-secret plans for it;). Its going to be cool.

Lot of fun bouncing bike ideas off one another. Its sometimes difficult to ask non-rat bikers for opinions because they kinda don’t understand the vibe you’re looking for. Odd Job definitely does. :)

Yeah, on the ride we saw many more hills than dales, LOL! I didn’t know there was that many hills anywhere in the twin cities metro. At least it wasn’t uphill both ways:giggle:. I definitely got a great work out but will probably take a non-cruiser based bike next time…

IMG_3689.jpg

Thanks again Odd Job for the suggesting and getting together. Next time in my neck of the woods…

Steve

Yes Mplscoaster, we had a great ride. Thanks for hanging in the rat trap with me and talking shop! I agree, the non-rat guys just don't get it....great discussions we had! Till next time...by 'the Falls'....

The custom lay back seat post from @slowriderz came today! Slapped it in the frame...it fits! And I think the seat will be just about as far back as I can comfortably have it. And about as low as I can go and still ride it! Like I always say, "If I can't ride it , why build it?"

Got the pad cut for the top. Going to leave the sides of the seat raw, rusty, metal. Pad in Rat-ification process as we speak....

IMG_20160525_183040.jpg
IMG_20160525_183117.jpg

Next step is to rig up some supports to help support my white Scandinavian rumpe!

Last edited:
Great job ! nice that you let the rusty pan show up :thumbsup: some rivets aronud the pad to hold it in place could look nice , or some kind of (drilling and lacing / stiching)

Looks good OJ. What are you going to use to hold up the back of the seat?

My visit with Odd Job was a lot of fun. Got to see the back forty and awesome bike shop.

Yeah, on the ride we saw many more hills than dales, LOL! I didn’t know there was that many hills anywhere in the twin cities metro. At least it wasn’t uphill both ways:giggle:. I definitely got a great work out but will probably take a non-cruiser based bike next time…

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I'll bet OddJob is hard to keep up with. Looks like he has lots of tork.

The rear seat support is in place. Troxel under seat bmx sissy bar, braced against this piece of my front fork adaptation that has a threaded rod spanning the seat rails. *I know, the acorn nuts are shiny*..:giggle:

Then I had to add some long version springs for the 'look'....a little rust-ina action in the BACK40 paint 'booth' .....and she's a rider!!

Just took it around the block a couple of times. Will have my son record a ride when he rolls in for his weekly 'good meal'....Rat on!
IMG_20160526_164303.jpg
IMG_20160526_163940.jpg
IMG_20160526_173242.jpg

The 'rear end' needs another round of Rat-ification, and the bolt heads have not been touched. But I was so darned excited to ride it! Also, dropped the chain guard....looks racier I think.

IMG_20160526_173319.jpg
IMG_20160526_173418.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!
If you lowered the front of the seat until the angle matches the tank light pods, it will look even racier!

Luke.
Agreed! You can use the original seat post and just relocate the bracket under the seat pan.
one liner.jpg

EDIT-
Here's another option keeping the sissy bar at the same angle and using the lay back seat post. This would require a more creative method for attaching the seat to the post.
one liner 2.jpg

Last edited:
liken the second pic. above RM did with the bent seat post looks good with the bend at front of seat and rear support following same angle as seat post, attaching it would be simple with a couple made -u- shaped brackets bolted up to seat pan screw heads could be hidden under your seat top

I have room to lower the lay back post into the seat tube another 1/2 - 1" and then the seat post clamp on the seat can pivot to level the nose and achieve the look y'all are representing. :113: I agree on the more 'cafe racer' look for the level seat, and the racier aspect. Of course, we are yet to hear from the other contingency who like the 'dropped rear' and 'get the seat lower' look:nod::shake:.......off course it is up to me, ultimate-Lee.....:21:

I like the angle of the sissy like TRM's first pic there. I think they look best either vertical or tilted back only slightly.

Love the sqweeker sprung sissy!!! For the seat post, The way i did Torred, was i used a right sized neck as the seat post, put some sealed bearings in it where the bars would go, and tied it to the front mount of the nanner.
(Pic as i was sizing in the right ones)

Helped the pivot and got full spring in the sissy. Screeeching metal as i bounce up amd down. Love them!

Can you lower the sissy bar down to the next set of mounting holes and then slam the ChadPost down all the way?

Back