Pack Rats--Quick update 27 Nov

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pack Rats--Mockup pics added 27 Oct

That is awesome! I love how the fat tire fills in every inch of the back section.

outskirtscustoms said:
That is awesome! I love how the fat tire fills in every inch of the back section.

I had to widen te rear section to do that but I like the way it fills out too.

LukeTheJoker said:
Yeah! That fat tire in the rear looks great!

Luke.

Fat bottom girls make the world go 'round!

Got some decals in today. I wont post pics of them tho until they all are installed. They should look pretty schway!

Re: Pack Rats--Decals are in!!

I have all my decals in now. I'll be working on getting the rear end assembled after I get off work. Kickstand, longer bolt sleeves and neck tube gussets will get welded in this week. Hopefully I'll have some updated pic to share soon!!

Re: Pack Rats--Updated

Been a somewhat proguctive weekend on these bikes.

The LRRH bike-I may have a way to get my crank bearing problem solved, but I won't know for sure until later this week. Front and rear light (for now) are mounted, new brake cable run and brakes set:
44406428224806-vi.jpg

The green one-new chrome moly rear frame bolt sleeves welded in:
36406336656655-vi.jpg

37406336657833-vi.jpg

Rear brake arm posts welded on and rear deck installed:
36406428216665-vi.jpg

38406428218781-vi.jpg

And a gusset fabbed & welded onto the front frame section:
47406428227014-vi.jpg

If all goes well, I'll strip it, prime it and prep it for paint later this week.

Re: Pack Rats--Updated w/ PICS Nov 17

LukeTheJoker said:
I love it! The fat tire under that rear deck is a nice match! Great stuff Chips!

Luke.

Thanks Luke! It's finally coming together an I'm getting excited to show the end result!!

Re: Pack Rats--PAINT PICS Nov 20

DON'T CALL ME YELLA!!

Just finished painting my folder--the green one. It's shiny but it's definitely not my best work. I got in too much of a hurry and the results show it, but oh well.

Pics aren't the greatest either, but it'll be in rolling form soon and I'll get better pics then.

47406675607041-vi.jpg

49406675609275-vi.jpg

Re: Pack Rats--New painted pics 20 Nov

Did the first mock-up today. That and added some fresh nicks & scratches in the paint..... :( Oh well...once it's done, the nicks & scratches will go with the theme of the build. I still have to figure out how I'll attach the sissy bar and need to dye the seat. I'll be working on it more later but here's a pic for now.....

08406744928618-vi.jpg

Re: Pack Rats--1st mockup pic 21 Nov

Very cool!

Re: Pack Rats--1st mockup pic 21 Nov

highwheelerboy25 said:
you could always do what huffy did on the mono shock and weld a post from the seatpost tobe to the center to the back of the seat

I see what your saying but it's too late for welding. I've got to have them both ready to go in 2 weeks.

Re: Pack Rats--Quick update 24 Nov

Got some assembly done and decals on the yellow one. Had to make a trip to the local Menards fir some nuts & bolts. It's going together okay but I still have to remove the crank bearings to clean and re-grease them. I will hopefully be dying the seat from it's faded pink to black today. I think I'm going to have to make my own sissy bar for it. I don't want to cut up the one I've been using for mock-up. I found the missing crank bearing cup for the LRRH bike too!! So, IF all goes well, they'll be finished within the next week and ready for test rides!!! :D

Seat for the yellow bike was dyed black from it's lovely shade of pink:

04407243524824-vi.jpg

Since I wasn't able to get bearings for the red one, I'll be trying my weird idea to see if it'll hold long enough for a day's worth of riding. They're both very close to being finished. I'm off this weekend so they should be able to be ridden for a good shake down before we jump the train to Chi-town. 8)

Update 29 November:

Sissy bar cut to new length and mounted to the yellow bike with the newly dyed 'nanner. This weekend I'll be regreasing all bearings, cleaning out the threads on the yellow one to mount the crank arms and installing the chains on both. Both bikes should be ready for test rides on Sunday afternoon.

Got my grips in the mail today for the yellow one:

Grips-vi.jpg

Got the red one together yesterday with the unconventional bearing setup and took it for a lil test ride. It works great! The chainguard will go on next and I've got to cut a sheet metal panel for it for the finishing touch. The yellow one should be able to be test ridden tonight........

Back