PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-29 UPDATE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-6)

lrdrawingframe.jpg

lrdrawingfork.jpg

Sweet! That rear stays have a space of 82.2mm (3.23622 inches) between them, plenty of room!

Thanks for the drawing and the inspiration, now off to do my taxes!

Cheers!
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Sweet! That rear stays have a space of 82.2mm (3.23622 inches) between them, plenty of room!

Thanks for the drawing and the inspiration, now off to do my taxes!

Cheers!
Dr. T

There is actually a bit more space than that - the final version ended up being 118mm OLD, so the stays are spaced slightly wider than shown in the drawing :)

this bike makes me want to watch the movie rad! the frame is sweet ,not a bad price for a chromoly frame! i wonder if you could buy one minus the chrome and stickers it sure would be nice to start a build with that frame and add beach cruiser stuff , then again it would be sweet to have a bike that cru jones would drool over

dash said:
this bike makes me want to watch the movie rad! the frame is sweet ,not a bad price for a chromoly frame! i wonder if you could buy one minus the chrome and stickers it sure would be nice to start a build with that frame and add beach cruiser stuff , then again it would be sweet to have a bike that cru jones would drool over

Just sand blast one - I've got one that we had media blasted and powdered black being built up right now with a 8 speed Sturmey Archer in back and a Phil Wood 32H in front... it's going to be sweet :)

i think this frameset is really awesome; i'm sort of tempted (Prolly got too many other projects, though.) I wonder if offering versions in black paint or powder could keep costs down/profit margins up? Is it made in Taiwan or China?

-rob

Rat Rod said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Steve,
Stunning bike, love the chrome w/blue. takes me back....
Do you think the geomentry of that frame would lend itself to a 'traditional' cruiser? I can see that thing running a black springer (either Schwinn or Monark style) modified to run a set of 65mm rims and 24 x 3s. For the price, it would make for a great 'new' bike.

To me it seems just about like any other cruiser frame except that it's made from chromo steel.

It would be pretty cool to build one up in Rat Rod style.

Man, you guys are stealing all of my ideas :lol: . I have the frame, cream thick bricks, shelby springer, and various other parts to build a cruiser version. Now all I need is the time and weather to paint the forks and wheels. Also Steve yours is looking really good with all the blue parts.

Pork chop is from Cartersville Ga and I'm from Dallas, Just minutes down the street. We first met at a car show in the Cartersville square over the summer and I really like their crew. This was before their cruiser came out so I wasn't able to see them in person. I'm hoping he will have some at the Murfreesboro show in a few weeks. Keep up the great work Steve 8)

Bicycle808 said:
i think this frameset is really awesome; i'm sort of tempted (Prolly got too many other projects, though.) I wonder if offering versions in black paint or powder could keep costs down/profit margins up? Is it made in Taiwan or China?

-rob

It's made in China - the agent I use in China was already making almost the same frame (in hi-ten with multi-speed drop outs) as an industrial bike, so that's the only reason these got made - the jigs and all were already in existence.

I didn't know enough to specify no clear coat, so that was my screw up (and why I have thousands of dollars in decal sets that can't be used unless someone strips the frame).

But, live and learn.

If I ever do another run of these, I'll probably do a single color... probably a candy coat red or blue.

Yeah...the guy by me will blast and powder coat a frame and forks for $75.

This would definitely be a good frame for a Rat Rod build.

What would be funny was if they became more popular with this crowd than the BMX guys...ha ha. :lol:

porkchopzz4 said:
It's made in China - the agent I use in China was already making almost the same frame (in hi-ten with multi-speed drop outs) as an industrial bike, so that's the only reason these got made - the jigs and all were already in existence.

I didn't know enough to specify no clear coat, so that was my screw up (and why I have thousands of dollars in decal sets that can't be used unless someone strips the frame).

But, live and learn.

If I ever do another run of these, I'll probably do a single color... probably a candy coat red or blue.

What're the chances of you doing another run? The things seem to've been well-received. I think you oughta send one to dirt rag and other mags with a far-reaching audience; might help promote the frame and your site a bit. (just found your site, btw; very nice stuff/prices.)

regards,
-rob

oh yeah!! nice ride. i finshed mine up a few weeks ago and was finally able to take it out and give it a proper shakedown. I only added rear brakes and will need to add front.
if your looking for cheap rims. try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/26-x-1-75-BMX-Bike- ... 35b083595c

i think those are the wheelmates. atomic bikes was selling these. they are the only anodized rims i can find pre-built with anodized hub. all you do is add a freewheel.

they look and work fantastic with the landrace.

I actually just picked up that exact wheel set in red from member leosbikes this morning....he listed them in the for sale section.

Can't wait to get them to see how they look. Originally I was planning on blue, but he saved me some money so it was hard to refuse.

ouch. oh, well.. i have the red and they are pretty nice. you wont be dissapointed!
what tires are you thinking? i like the porkchop ones, but 1.75's are rrrealll small.

patxi said:
ouch. oh, well.. i have the red and they are pretty nice. you wont be dissapointed!
what tires are you thinking? i like the porkchop ones, but 1.75's are rrrealll small.

I've got some gumwall Duro street tires in the 1.95" size that I might have to use.

Awesome build and one sweet bmx/cruiser bike:). Never thought that a frame could be versatile for both. Very, very cool and RRB worthy! Chris

Received my "Faux Neck" stem today....the quality if these stems are as nice as the originals. I know the old school purists will hate this, but I'm just glad there's a lower price option for folks on a budget.

Here's a quote from the seller on Ebay...

These are made with 6061 aluminum. These were made with the exact same specifications as the originals. The handlebars will break before the stem will. All the bolts are grade A. The guy that made them use to work for the original company.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

Back