Project Swing Low (non motorized boardtracker)UPDATE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Project Swing Low (non motorized boardtracker)

Uncle Stretch said:
It always makes me happy when somebody builds their own frame.
I can't wait to see you finish.
That Banner Red is kinda a yucky color of red. the Cherry Red is a much better choice.
The army green would be a good choice too.
I'm ready to get it finished, but this crazy weather is keeping me from doing much :lol:
I would have to agree, after looking at it more, I don't like it either. I'm between the green, the cherry red, and possibly Chevrolet orange :wink:

I'm throwing around the idea of getting this Pyramid M x 3 Piece Bottom Bracket Set Conversion Kit and this Sunlite Crankset Cotterless Alloy 44x170 3/32 Steel Ring, but I'm not sure yet :roll:
31UGeQUVG8L._SX385_.jpg

41SMXGZ808L._SX385_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-Piece...99&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=3+piece+conversion
http://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Crankset-Cotterless-44x170-Silver/dp/B000AO9YWQ/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_img_y

laidbackcool said:
I say either the green or cherry red. I'm slightly partial to green w/white or cream tires. Either way, I know this build is going to turn out extremely well!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting it done, I'm getting anxious to ride it :D
However, I eventually plan on slapping on some cream colored tires. I'll probably get some cream Duro Bricks for it since I found a site that has em for $25 a pair :wink:

Can't wait to see the frame with paint.

LukeTheJoker said:
Looking forward to it!
Luke.
I'm getting pretty anxious to get it back to a rolling frame, I think by doing that I could better decide on a color for it. I still cant make up my mind :lol:

However, I'm painting my sprocket all black and I'm thinking of accenting it with a set of white pedals :wink:
If I get those chrome bars, I may leave them chrome and order some old style white grips for them. I think white and black goes well together 8)

So, I'm sitting here thinking up a "kick stand". But, I think I want to make one of the kind that swings down like in some of the pics I've previously posted, I'm just trying to think of how to do it. I have a few ideas in mind, but does anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

LukeTheJoker said:
Just glad you are still making progress! Looking forward to the next update!

Luke.
I'm ready to get the frame getting welded knocked out :lol:
But hopefully it'll happen soon

Brokepeddler75 said:
I like it. Looks like its coming together nicely.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back