PUBLIC ENEMY (THE MINUTE THEY SEE ME FEAR ME)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! New bars 5 bucks. I also found the same schwinn grips for 5 bucks. The tire was 17. Today I reconnected with a cat that has everything from meters to engines for bikes. Wa-hoo!! I saw a spaceliner today for 150. All in all it was a good day. Peace

Peatbog said:
That is cool. The black chain-guard balances out the black seat and tank, and the chrome sissybar and exhausts balance out the chrome forks. The way the speedometer mounts on those handlebars is pretty nifty too. The BMX type pedals are something I am using more and more myself--nearly impossible for your feet to slip off of them.
So I take it that you approve!?!

Yeah Peat I love those pedals also. You were right also when you said to just sit back and watch me work. Thanks bud! Now I gotta take it apart and finish the paint job! Sheesh!!

3 wheeled wolfy said:
HeHe :lol: I just got a bunch of matte's Im going to town tomorrow if it's not raining.
Go for it...GTB!!

I need to get this taken care of first have a clue? It's REALLY in there!

DSCN0654.jpg

The head,it so jammed that it snapped trying to loosen it the frame is a wally world (chinese) schwinn landmark my sis bought it and let it turn to crap so im going to use it for practice im getting a real schwinn and doing a legit build soon.

I see that the stem bolt is way up! You need to hammer that down so that it will disengage the doomaflitchy wedge that is at the bottom of the stem.

That's a sweet liner jake but im broke as a joke i got my next frame lined up the only thing i can say is it's a '60 schwinn speedster. i've hit it with a hammer for literally an hour! My only other vintage bike i have is a '55 rollfast womens so im pumped!

But what about unscrewing that goose neck. Since you broke the stem it might be loose. Or bang the crap outta it! Pitch it down the steps! Cut them forks off after the headtube!! SorryI didn't know ya banged on it that long. No-I'm thinking about buying it cuz it looks sweet! Gotta get it before some yuppie thinks it's so chic and retro. Dang fixie hippies! :lol:

Fixie hipsters aren't after liners there after super obscure european frames If i had the money i'd definitely jump on it i've been wanting a liner theres absolutely no vintage bike market in my area :(

Peat it just has some surface rust but up here bikes like this are never cheap. The bike shop is in a yuppie section. I saw a guy walk in, get greeted,and get told how big a bike to get. He leaves out with an old Fugi 10 speed, leave and test ride it. Come back and plunk down 250. Some college kid. Whoa!

3 wheeled wolfy said:
Fixie hipsters aren't after liners there after super obscure european frames If i had the money i'd definitely jump on it i've been wanting a liner theres absolutely no vintage bike market in my area :(
Fixie hipsters -brakes aren't for kids!

Peatbog said:
I got a fixed gear bike, but I have brakes. I figure I don't want to die any sooner than I have to.

I'd grab that cool Spaceliner too, but your wife will take it and ride it and you'll never get her to turn it loose. Then you'll have to get one too.
Now you just made her laugh! She says it is nice so you know what that means. Female translation- You get it- it's mine :mrgreen:

Back