Retro Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galtbacken said:
...We'll start working on it very soon...

I just didn't realise how soon! :shock: Today they started on the foundation...
Therefore I didn't have time to work on the bike today, I'll see if I can get anything done now in the evening. :)
And if you guys would like, I could take photos of the "workshop-build" as well. It will be kind of cool, It's going to be built with a really old technique, like the vikings built their houses but with some modern variations :)

As soon as I've got some good photos I'll make a thread under The Other Talk. :)
No progress on the bike, I've been helping out with the house build all day. The insulation for the foundation is almost done...

Sorry it's taken so long. It's been a tough time lately...
Anyway, today I found some time and long lost energy to work a little on the bike again. It's not much but at least it's something.
framlykta1.jpg

Next will be to make a hole in the front and start on the reflector.

That's all for now.

BrigmasterA said:
Lookin' good. Any pics of the Viking-built house yet?

Thanks! Yes, I've posted some photos in The Other Talk.

Beau said:
Did you design that jig or did you build it from plans?

I designed it myself so that I could use materials I already had to build it.

Over 3000 views! :shock: Thank you all for showing such interrest in the build! :)

I guess it's time to finish what I've started! :D It's been a while...
The coldest part of winter is over and now it's mild enough outside to not freeze my fingers off, and I can finally work on the bike again! :)
Here's what I've done today:
Welded on a small tube that will be one part of the bracket for the headlight. One more little thing to weld on it, then that'll be done...
framlyktfste1.jpg

A piece that'll hold the shifter wire in place.
vajerstopp1.jpg

Since it didn't fit the diameter of the chainstays , I cut it...
vajerstopp2.jpg

...and welded it in place instead. :)
vajerstopp3.jpg

After that was done I decided to go inside and make the LED-circuit for the headlight.
Here are the materials and tools I used to make it. (I only used one kind of wire though...)
ldgrejor.jpg

Here's the finished circuit.
framlyktkrets1.jpg

Close up photo.
framlyktkrets2.jpg

The other side.
framlyktkrets3.jpg

And it works!! :D
framlyktkrets4.jpg

That's pretty much all I've done today, but I'll get up early tomorrow and try to finish as much as possible of the fabrication. Fun fun fun!! :D

That's all for now,
it's good to be back on the build! :)

This build must have BURIED.....I missed it! WOW!.. (I'm bowing down to you right now)

Stand up straight KOTA, you build cool bikes yourself! :) But I'm glad you like it! And thank you Gold Street Customs and BrigmasterA!! Oh, I'll finish it for sure, and probably start on a new bike right away after that!! :D It's just that my workshop's not finished yet and all the snow and cold weather has held me back from working on the bike outside.
Glad to be welcome back!! :D Thank you!

Some photos of todays progress! :)
Woke up at eight, allowed myself to come to life for a few minutes and then went right ahead and made the LED-circuit for the rear light. :) Originally I thought of making it like I did on the Vincent-bike, with white LEDs and red plexiglass, but I decided to use red LEDs and leave the plexiglass uncoloured instead. I think that'll look good with the paint I have in mind for this bike.
baklyktkrets.jpg

Finished welding the bracket for the headlight
framlyktfste3.jpg

and the headlight itself.
framlykta2.jpg

Drilled holes in the fender to attach the rear light.
baklykta2.jpg

I also did some minor things that I didn't take pictures of. Trimmed the edge on the rear fender, cut plexiglass to fit the lights, drilled holes and welded on nuts on the lights to be able to assemble the different parts, made a seatpost...had two cups of coffe... :D Not a lot left to fabricate, soon time for bondo and paint! :)

That's all for now! :)

Zen man...far out! :lol:
Thank you so much for the kind words! And yes, there are plenty of things I can't do! But I try to have the mindset that I probably can learn many of them if I'm motivated and really try. I think most people can! A lot of what someone is able to do, I believe is a result of what attitude that person has. A positive "I'll give it my best shot"- attitude opens for more possibilities! :)
And I still think that your Blitzen Bike ist sehr cool!! :)

Here's what I've done after I got home from work today:

Made these little things that will hold the shifter cable in place.
vajerhakar1.jpg

vajerhakar2.jpg

Here's where they're welded on to the frame.
vajerhakar3.jpg

vajerhakar4.jpg

Now everything except the handles is fabricated. Here's what the bike looks like at the moment. Had to hurry to take the picture, it was getting dark...
mockup4.jpg

Tomorrow I'll set everything up for the first test ride! I have to buy new pedals though, the ones I bought for this bike turned out to be the wrong size for the cranks. :roll: Maybe I can use them for the next bike I'll build...already bought the wheels...28" 10-speed with drumbrakes...I've got it aaaaall planned already! :D

Well, I guess that's all for now! :)

Back