"RU" Slammed? (Done?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RU" Slammed?

Another Kota Fork has taken over another bike. Seems like last kota for that I used helped a bike sell for $705.00. hahahaha great job man :mrgreen:

KOTA said:
Those were the left over parts from my new knee, the LEFT side anyway.........But somewhere (not telling), there's an old lady walking in a circle, cause I needed parts for the RIGHT side.

:lol:

To compensate that poor lady's limp you could build her a walking frame, with ape hangers of course (lowered front end is optional), and she'll be walking in style. :D

The fork treatment is Awsome! I'm a big fan of the odd rod or 2 (Truss)

Double Nickle said:
Another Kota fork has taken over another bike. Seems like last kota for that I used helped a bike sell for $705.00. hahahaha great job man :mrgreen:
Thanks! But I'm sure you could've got $704.98 for the bike without the forks...I was just glad to add my .02 worth. :wink:

Galtbacken said:
KOTA said:
Those were the left over parts from my new knee, the LEFT side anyway.........But somewhere (not telling), there's an old lady walking in a circle, cause I needed parts for the RIGHT side.

:lol:

To compensate that poor lady's limp you could build her a walking frame, with ape hangers of course (lowered front end is optional), and she'll be walking in style. :D

Thanks a lot, Galtbacken....You just made me picture my Mother-in-law coming towards me, with 25 inch apes on her walker (NOT a pretty site).

XC204 said:
The fork treatment is Awsome! I'm a big fan of the odd rod or 2 (Truss)
THANKS! Those truss rods, supports, were actually cman's idea. I was just to lazy to add them, I didn't like the original ones I cut, I didn't like the angle. Then after cman "mentioned" them, I thought I'd try something else. STILL didn't lke them. I had trouble figuring out the right angle to put them, cman and herr_rudolf pointed me in the right direction.......I LIKE them now.

Rollatortant-1.jpg

:mrgreen:

Galtbacken..Where the heck did you get a picture of my Mother-in-law?....Apes are the life support system of MY bike world.....and you just pulled the plug. WHY? WHY? :cry: :cry: .. :lol:

KOTA said:
Galtbacken..Where the heck did you get a picture of my Mother-in-law?....Apes are the life support system of MY bike world.....and you just pulled the plug. WHY? WHY? :cry: :cry: .. :lol:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself. :lol:

PEEK-A-BOO!!

003-17.jpg

The fork has been re-painted and mounted. Just have to touch up the rear rack.....But this view cracked me up.

Well it's done, for now.........Nowhere to really take pics, SNOW everywhere. This is one to compare what it's like next to a normal bike. Try to post more pics later, in the Gallery
004-17.jpg

WOW :shock: Great job Larry :D Another bike to add to "The List of Bikes I Want" :mrgreen: Can't wait until Monson to see it in person and take it for a spin :wink:

...........Slowly this low and dark bike coast to a stop. The rider's face isn't clearly seen with the low setting sun at his back. He turns his head ,still looking forward, the light shinning off his extremely bald head. He spits.......a dog barks.......he speaks in a low and gravely voice......RU Slammed?..... well are you son? Fingers twitch and in the smoke bikes lay on the ground with their riders running. With an evil smirk he speaks again......I think not..

Graylock said:
...........Slowly this low and dark bike coast to a stop. The rider's face isn't clearly seen with the low setting sun at his back. He turns his head ,still looking forward, the light shinning off his extremely bald head. He spits.......a dog barks.......he speaks in a low and gravely voice......RU Slammed?..... well are you son? Fingers twitch and in the smoke bikes lay on the ground with their riders running. With an evil smirk he speaks again......I think not..
Did you come up with that just for this bike :lol:

newlife_newrat said:
Wow, that is sick! I am working on my first build. What do you use to bend the forks like that? Thanks
Some "crazy" old man has been doing it for a little while.
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9254

Hey graylock, I've been known to spit on a dog ..or two. (NO pugs were spit on in the building of this bike, the dogs were changed to protect the innocent.)

Back