SaltHammer Savannah Sand Flats Silver King (1935 Monark Silver King) - Aug01 FINISHED! What A Blast!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm digging the flipped light.

Yeah, the bracket didn't block the light as much as I thought it would. I'll try that position with the cross longhorns sometime.

I thought about that when I was piecing it together and the problem with that is then the holes on top wouldn't line up. While the shape may work, the overall cohesion to the legacy of being a Higgins rack would be lost somewhat

Makes sense. That's a beautiful artifact. Good to see it finding a home after being passed around so much.

Dig the headlight flipped! Those pointy bars look painful in a few ways. You gonna try some more? The first set looks comfy but maybe not as racy as you're going for? Maybe you should try some more sets...:D

Since this is patterned after a high speed vehicle how about an aerodynamic cowling up front? Partially transparent for vision down the track and the lower portion silver to match bike. Just coloring outside the lines.
40f9401b651d710639800fe06fefacf3.jpg

17e79085e12bbb0bc66dc62832b24c44.jpg

8547ae0d6518f9da89055c22598a18e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like this idea. I am not sure why.

- by Gigmata

Just finished another week on the road and came back with a bad chest cough. I had to spend an hour out in the shop and test a few things though. Nothing major. Can't wait until some of this biz travel is over and I have time to have fun with this build again.

Tested @Big Ape 's idea about using more curved truss rods. I do like how they flow with the frame.

20160604_132504.jpg

I also test mounted the Wald rear kickstand that I pulled from my SK. I still to to adjust it more to make it work.

20160604_135430.jpg
20160604_141431.jpg

Tried out another stem too.

20160604_142701.jpg
20160604_142748.jpg
20160604_142759.jpg

Last edited:
this stem fits better , and the rust tie in with the seat rust at the same hight :thumbsup:

ive just noticed the shiny crank arms , plans to rat them out ? brushed finish would fit the rest very nicely

I like the rusty knuckle stem in the last pics. Nice vintage patina touch to add to your overall look. As for the chest cough, hot brandy....

Looks good. I do agree with @OneHorsePower, the shiny crank arms do stand out...but I'm not sure that is a bad thing.

You killed it with the rack tank ( in a good way ) also I'm a fan of the original set of bar you have on there . I also kind like the rat trap pedals they just look more time period correct . Not sure if you have a Art Deco stem but this bike wants one bad !!!!
Any way man this is another sweet build [emoji106] At the end of the day weed out the good & the bad suggestion & do it your way it's always shined bright in the past .....
Take Pride & Ride [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw this one in person, it's looking good K.F. even the shiny crank arms.
Really dig the patina of that saddle, it should be a great match with the tank and guard.

Just saw this one in person, it's looking good K.F. even the shiny crank arms.
Really dig the patina of that saddle, it should be a great match with the tank and guard.

Thanks Jim. rELEVENt SETBACK is looking sweet too. Great flow of parts, placement, and patina. It was great riding with you and your newlywed. Thanks for including my fountain as part of your US Tour.

0611161046 (2).jpg
20160611_104518.jpg
20160611_104449.jpg

When are you going to get back on this? We're at the half way mark!

UGH! Tell me about it. I'm finishing up my 5th straight week of biz travel. I was in Arkansas earlier this week. Hopefully I'll find some time this weekend.

Nice to see a photo of YOU, finally. Since I've been here I've had this impression you looked like the big time wrestler in your avatar!

Nah, I'm just big. :)

I'm wondering when your going to get polishing on that old bike & make it shine like a brand new dime !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back