some people are just plain nuts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
craigslist ad for wood rim bike. broken wheels, no leather on the seat, no tires and plenty of rust. says make offer, now i might of been a little low, but i offered 50 bucks. he told me i was off by $2,500. i was stunned. i just replied with a good luck.

You should post the ad and get everyone on here to E-mail him $50 offers, that'll teach him. :lol: 8)

OK, I was going to question your assumptions that an old heap is not worth 2.5k or more until I saw the picture. Yes it is a pile only worth in the hundreds. I know a number of wood rimmed bikes that would be a steal at that price in any condition.

That's so rough! $50 was a good offer. If the rims were in any kind of restorable shape then maybe offer $100, but that thing is trashed really bad.

rusty1 said:
..for that kind of money you could build your own!
And still have some change left over.

Good luck. Might try to offer a trade. Some C-list nuts think it's worth a fortune but you can trade them a run of the mill Schwinn just because you say it's a vintage SCHWINN. Play their own game back on them.

Back