The Flat Landers of Ayer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in on this one, sounds too fun to miss and gives a chance to use up some of those "not desirable" parts laying around, plus I have this frame that needs some attention and may be a good candidate.
Archframe003.jpg

Interesting builds you guys are doing :wink: I'll be watching each one! :D

This bike has been sitting in the cellar to long, Puch Classic. It's BIG. I was thinking about making a truss frame out of it.....Hey, there's no law that says there can't be more than one truss frame. If there is, you're gonna have to cut your bars off, Rick.

004-27.jpg

EDIT:
I changed my mind, no truss frame.....Hope you didn't cut your bars off!

.... you Larry, I just came in from whiz cutting them off, Guess they'll go in the scrap pile now.

KZ1000 said:
I'm in on this one, sounds too fun to miss and gives a chance to use up some of those "not desirable" parts laying around, plus I have this frame that needs some attention and may be a good candidate.
Archframe003.jpg

Now thats what I'm talking about.... oh yeah! 8) Real nice KZ. I'm looking forward to seeing this in the flesh.

GL

KOTA said:
This bike has been sitting in the cellar to long, Puch Classic. It's BIG. I was thinking about making a truss frame out of it.....Hey, there's no law that says there can't be more than one truss frame. If there is, you're gonna have to cut your bars off, Rick.

004-27.jpg

EDIT:
I changed my mind, no truss frame.....Hope you didn't cut your bars off!

Rules? We don't need no stinking rules! ....... :roll: just the list at the top of this build thread, and that's not too much to ask for. Remember we're Rats and if we don't have a little structure and be careful we could tear a hole in universe and all get sucked through a vortex the size of a smart car :shock: ....... we don't need that!
I'm going to do a little cutting and welding but I'm not going to change the bikes foot print. Kota that sounds like a great idea, you could make a lady's swoop frame out of that frame of yours :lol: KZ go duct tape that bar back on! You guys and guyettes feel free to do the same.

GL

Hey, we only have a year to do these! So I don't have time for frame mods. The bike is already done, in my head. I only needed ONE piece, and I just bought it...A skinny tired, 27', coaster brake wheel......I wonder if white tires make white skid marks?

It's been over a year since I've wrenched on a bike. I forgot how relaxing and exciting it can be. Just this little amount has got my blood flowing again. This is one of those bikes that you know just "feels" right....It fits me! Bars are from "RATS ALT" (RRBBO6), that one now has apes, like I wanted to do originally. The bars are from a Schwinn Bantam, 20', flipped, with extensions from an old 80's Huffy MTB. They are even with the top tube, so you're not leaning to far forward at all. Next is the fork. There's about an inch of space from the top of the tire to the crown. So, a little (slight) bending is in order. This should make the bike actually handle better. Anyways, it's a start!

005-24.jpg

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
That's a great start.
+1 :!:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Interesting builds you guys are doing :wink: I'll be watching each one! :D
Participate – jump into the pool!

KOTA said:
It's been over a year since I've wrenched on a bike. I forgot how relaxing and exciting it can be.
I agree, Larry! There really isn’t anything like being inspired to wrench a bike, having the vision, and seeing it come to fruition! There’s nothing like that first ride!

Update: After looking at the UO-8 and knowing how long it took to restore, I’ve reconsidered and have decided to go onto another Peugeot frame sitting in the garage instead.

A gigantic Camelback!...NICE!.....Ya look at a diamond frame and say: "What can you do to it?" That looks so simple, yet, I would've never thought of that. I must be getting "old", my imagination has left the building.

I just finished building the ultimate (non vintage) flat lander. 18 lbs of delicious carbon fiber with a flat bar:

ju9u9yby.jpg

This is one of my old training bikes resurrected for riding with the wifey.

First Rick STEALS my idea for the truss frame. Then I decided to go with a GIGANTIC camel back. Now you steal the EXACT paint scheme I was going to do!...My (building) life sucks.

Ian, If my bike weighs 36lbs.,does that mean it's twice as good as yours?

Latest posts

Back