The King of Cowley County has left the building.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The King of Cowley County, The Monark-y

ask him if he needs another klunker. :lol: :lol: :lol: i got some plating i need done.lol
gotta love deals like that. :)

how long does it usually take to get your parts back?

He is also starting up a bike club aimed at helping get kids into bikes and keeping them out of trouble. He came by and filledhis truck up with bikes to give some of the kids as rewards. Nothing fancy, but I was happy to help. Gotta keep the Karma on the plus side!

udallcustombikes said:
He is also starting up a bike club aimed at helping get kids into bikes and keeping them out of trouble. He came by and filledhis truck up with bikes to give some of the kids as rewards. Nothing fancy, but I was happy to help. Gotta keep the Karma on the plus side!

Looks like Im gonna have to see if he needs another load! I have picked up 20 bikes in the last couple of weeks, and have several freebie bikes that can use a good home.

I got my bars and chain yesterday, I think I may go for a ride later. Gonna be next week before I can meet with my plating connection since he is about to bike across the state from Colorado to Missouri. Nuts if you ask me, but what ever floats his boat right?

The last handful of parts are going to the plater tonight. Now I just gotta hope they get back to me before the deadline. That's an issue when working on the barter system, my parts are not the highest priority. But whenever they get back this will be an awesome ride.

Copper, copper, copper! Just got word that I should have my hot little hands on the rest of my copper parts tonight. The rear sprocket, the crank and the bars are all done. I will post some pics when I get home tonight.

The King is pleased.

Re: The King of Cowley County likes shiny things

Very tired today after waking up 5 hours early to go to work. But the tired went away quickly after getting to ride the King for the first time.

The seat on there is not staying, nor are the grips or pedals.

Rides nice but needs a little tweeking still.
ee7d6ae4.jpg

9eda11f6.jpg

bae0f418.jpg

c4f9ae4b.jpg

Re: The King of Cowley County rides into the copper sky

wow! :shock: who knew copper plated looked so good! but i agree, needs a different set of grips an seat, and some shinier pedals. like copper-plated ones! oh or some old torringtons with copper pipe in the place of the blocks.

Ok, I think I am going to call this one done. I am not very happy with the way this bike has turned out. I am not a Miami Dolphins fan and ever since someone said "Oooo, A Dolphins bike!" that is all I can see when I look at it. That coupled with the squirrelly springer and a few other points have just really turned me off on this build. I don't have time to start over and hope to finish before the deadline. I am going to get a real camera this weekend and snap some good pics to post as finished. Then I will tear it down and start again.

The copper parts are about the only thing that will be recoginizable in this bikes next incarnation. Hopefully the next time this bike is seen I will be happier with it. And if not, I will start again and again until either I like it or decide the bike is cursed and sell it to some unsuspecting builder.

dont give in. repaint the frame and fork some other color play more off the copper stuff. maybe burgendy or metalic red. it has potential keep with it dude.

I know the potential is there. My problem is time. Less than a month left to build and 9 days of that I am going to be on vacation. That leaves me 20 days to completely redo the bike. I think I will get some pics before tearing it down, just in case a mad dash to the finish isn't enough. That way I will at least have an entry.

And I am going to have a lot more. We are all our own worse critics. But I look at the bike and all I see are the flaws in the paint, the chips and scratches that have mysteriously appeared, the rushed welds, and every time I touch the white paint it leaves a black smudge (even when I am not dirty). I hope I can pull off a last minute reincarnation of the bike so I can enter the voting phase with a bike I am proud of. This is not that bike.

One of my favorite things about this hobby is building a bike that I like and makes me happy. I have another vision stiring in the back of my head, Red Metal Specs and a second color (black maybe?).

A bike barely alive. Gentlemen, I can rebuild it. I have the technology. The King will be that bike. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

who cares if someone thought the colors were a football teams......personally i like the paint(although i liked the first scallops you did a little better.....just gave it a fast look) and the colors work well together as well
if i cared what people said id stop building cars and bikes(you know....my pride and joy hot rod thats called a rat rod :x or my franken bikes that belong in a junkyard...not to mention all the comments i get from coworkers about playing with bikes well....that normally stops when i show them the bikes :roll: )
if you like it leave it and be happy you built a cool bike :mrgreen:

gotcha :wink:
i think you put up that while i was still typing......otherwise i wouldnt have posted it at all
heck i built a frame just to look at it and say 'nope' and cut it all up....so i know what youre saying(although i still stand by i like the colors together :mrgreen: )
looking forward to seeing its new incarnation :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back