Tina's Pride-New Pics added 6-06-09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really have no ideas where I'm going with this (my first build),but here's how she sits now. I guess I need to start disassembly,cleaning and see what she needs first. For now,I'm just thinking a good refurbish with a slightly different attitude. Funds are non-existant right now (in between the Doc and D.O.T. telling me I'm "not able to work",and drawing anything for that :roll: ),so I'll have to use stuff on hand mostly,maybe start scrounging around the classifieds for donor bikes :idea: . My Dad found it at a yard sale and for $10 a few years ago and gave it to me :D

Anyways,here she is in all her rusty glory 8)

UnknownVintageLadys.jpg

Had to change the name...didn't mean to step on toes :oops: Picked "Tina's Pride",because this will be my wife's (uh...Tina :roll: ) first bike-ever (she's never ridden a bike,ever :shock: )

Tina's Pride

Shhh...the wife's gone to college to study for her finals (which are tonite),so I brought it in the living room to begin a little work on it (hey...I put a Neatsheet* down first :wink: )

Re: The Lady Rat

nice start, maybe ya didn't notice but my build is called the lady rat?????

Outlaw

Tina's Pride

OUTLAW said:
nice start, maybe ya didn't notice but my build is called the lady rat?????

Outlaw

Whoops! Sorry Bro,didn't realise :oops: ...I'll think of something else :D

Re: Tina's Pride

thank you. looks like we got some lady's bikes to beat up on all the little boys. trash talk startin.lol. good luck

Outlaw

Outlaw-Yep 8)

JOScatRATrod- That was the first thing I noticed when I got it,but the more I looked at it,the more (and this sounds weird,and denial-like,but...) the more it looks like it's just part of the design...I could be wrong,tho,wouldn't be the first/last time :oops:

I got some disassembly done today,all but the BB/crankset and hs/stem/fork. I'll shoot a pic and post a lil later. I have some thoughts on a build,but they're conflicting with plans for the "hers" of a pair of BF Goodrich his n hers I have for later...I'll think of it as I go I guess :roll: :p

Re: Tina's Pride-update,disassembly pics

Pics...

Frame
TinasPride1.jpg

TinasPride2.jpg

Bend in the seat tube
TinasPride3.jpg

Yeah...kinda looks accidental,may heat it a little and try and rebend it (not like it's a mtn bike going off 5' drops :p )

Fenders
TinasPride-frontfender.jpg

TinasPriderearfender.jpg

Chaingaurd
TinasPride-chaingaurd.jpg

Bars
TinasPride-rustybars.jpg

I'll probably sand and paint the fenders (the worst case scenario is they're trash),ditto the chaingaurd,save the bars for another bike.

That's my much beloved 29er in the background :mrgreen:

looking good so far. where are you from? we need to put a hurt on the little boys, oh yeah. you boys better run, the girls are a comin. lol

Outlaw

OUTLAW said:
looking good so far. where are you from? we need to put a hurt on the little boys, oh yeah. you boys better run, the girls are a comin. lol

Outlaw

Thanks for the props!!! :mrgreen:

I been accused of being a LOT of things over the years-LOL-but a girl isn't one of em :p ,here's me...

On the rare occasion I had lip hair...
3-12-09selfportrait.jpg

On a recent mtn bike ride...
4-23-09SelfPortrait.jpg

In my old Ratted,rusty '52 Dodge (I miss that ol car!)...
meinmy52dodge.jpg

I'm in south-western Virginia,BTW :) ,you?

We'll still get em tho..I am sorta the housewife around here :p

yeah, we got 5 lady's being built. we need to spank the little boy bikes. lol. Bothell, WA

Outlaw

Kool on the Wa state! What's that close to? I've been up there a time or two (or 100),back in my 18 Wheeled days (drove xc for about 12 years).

where in south west VA?
i know the area pretty well...
i've family from the holler, and i went to college in radford.
anyhow i think you need some cool fenders to replace those rusty ones.
hit me up in a PM and i'll hook ya up.

beatcad-Buchanan County,close to Grundy (and their supposedly famous law school). I gotta log off in just a minute,I'll PM ya tomorrow :)

OUTLAW-I've only been to Seattle once,mostly went to George (yes I said George Washington :shock: LOL ) to pick up apples coming back east,beautiful country up your way (wet,but beautiful :p ).

Picked up some sandpaper in a can today (industrial stregnth paint stripper),and got all the rusty parts off (thanks to PB Blast :D ),so it's down to the bare frame...now I need to start getting my ideas straight I guess :p

Re: Tina's Pride-A couple pics 5-7

Here's how it sits as I wind down for the evening :D

BareFrame.jpg

Parts.jpg

Tomorrow,I hope to get some of that house paint (that was brushed on by a previous owner :? ) stripped off,see what's reusable and what isn't,and draw up a couple pics and run thru some ideas.

Re: Tina's Pride-Couple pics added 5-7-09

Got the fork and half the frame stripped (apparently before it was brush painted red,it was green),and bearings (balls,actually) hopefully ordered. Not much else to report,but plans are forming on build direction. :)

Re: Tina's Pride-Couple pics added 5-7-09

Picked up some bearing balls (to go towards a rebuild of the HS and BB),got 1/2 the bars brillo'd enuff for paint,the rest of the brushed on red stripped off (still some smoothing to be done,it used to be greeeeeen!),visited an old friend (who owns an LBS) and scored a budget pair of whitewall,the wife got her cap n gown and college grad pics....was a busy day,and a grand one at that :mrgreen:

TsP1.jpg

TsP2.jpg

Re: Tina's Pride-Couple pics added 5-8-09

yo, lookin good so far. what color are ya goin with?

Outlaw

Back