Tina's Pride-New Pics added 6-06-09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tina's Pride-Couple pics added 5-8-09

Thanks!!! :)

Depends on 2 things...how smooth I can get the surface,and what color I have enuff of on hand to use :p

I have enuff of these to do the frame and fork:Chrysler Engine Turquoise,flat white or black,and Chrysler Hemi Orange engine enamel (the Dodoge stuff left over from the '52 Coupe I Ratted and drove-but sold last year),and enuff of the following to maybe do some striping,or accents: True Blue Pearl,Gaurds Red,"Old Ford Blue" (it's what the can says :roll: ),Go Mango,Panther Pink,and Sublime Green (AKA Sassy Grass Green).

If I can get it all smoothed out,I'll pic a 2-tone glossy color,if it's pitted from rust too much,I'll probably cliche' it w/ black frame,and either red or Sublime trim/wheels.

Those whitewalls I picked up are a little beefier (knobs) than I really wanted,but $10 for the pair (oh...and 2 Krispy Cream donuts outta the box :shock: ) for a new set,I wasn't arguing.

very kool, remember these Lady's have to be bad lookin to beat up all the little boys who want to play.lol

Outlaw

Hey Singlespeed92...I don't know about girl's frames but how would you classify my old AMF?...its almost like it could go either way!!! :shock: Yours looks almost as rusty as mine did so here's some advice...go buy yourself a CASE of PB Blaster and a couple of extra propane gas bottles...yer gonna need em!(LOL).You and Outlaw have inspired me though as I have a really cool girl's frame in the shop that I bought at a what-not shop for the Troxel Leopard skin banana seat and a cool light/horn that was on it.Maybe the next build-off should be Ladies Frames Only...eh...but I digress,looking forward to seeing what you do with this build,I think it will be very interesting if only for the fact that you're building for the wife...
Pappy 8)

Outlaw: Yeah! 8)

Pappy: Thanks for the kind and encouraging words! The biggest hurdle I thouhgt I was facing was tires,but I just got an email from my LBS friend,he said most likely black or gumwall,but he'd score me some rubber. Plans are forming...can't make it too menacing,tho,or "Tina's Pride" will become "Tina's 'You expect me to ride that thing?!?"-LOL :lol:

Didn't get to fiddle w/ it yesterday,was gone to my folks outta town till late,today,she has me cleaning the shed to evict all bike stuffs to there :| :? :( :!: 8) ,not my well beloved 29er mtn bike tho...if it sleeps outside,guess who else does (I'll give ya a hint...it ain't gunna be me :wink: ) :p :p :p

nice bike
i should add a springer and some apehangers to give it a look of a lowrider :D
but how are u goin to bend the seat tube?

micheal

old skool said:
nice bike
i should add a springer and some apehangers to give it a look of a lowrider :D
but how are u goin to bend the seat tube?

micheal

Thanks for the flowers :)

Heat and muscle...and great care :shock: (if I even bend it...kinda adds character :idea: )

hey man....

just looked at the pics real quick .. that ST looks almost like it is supposed to be bent ... any sort of kinks in it around the bend? or does it measure the same Dia in the area? ..

-Devil- said:
hey man....

just looked at the pics real quick .. that ST looks almost like it is supposed to be bent ... any sort of kinks in it around the bend? or does it measure the same Dia in the area? ..

Yeah,it kinda does look built in,no kinks or wrinkles,same diameter. That's what I initially thought...I dunno,but it kinda adds character :wink:

Glad ya came over and registered,Dev! Kool site,no? 8)

Singlespeed92 said:
-Devil- said:
hey man....

Yeah,it kinda does look built in,no kinks or wrinkles,same diameter. That's what I initially thought...I dunno,but it kinda adds character :wink:

Glad ya came over and registered,Dev! Kool site,no? 8)

yeah add's character for sure ... and if nothing else will start up some interesting conversations if it is actually bent and bends further during the ride ...

yeah great site for sure! ... loota stuff to look at here .. and is gettin me back in the building mood ... also helping taking my mind off of other stuff right now ...

-Devil- said:
yeah add's character for sure ... and if nothing else will start up some interesting conversations if it is actually bent and bends further during the ride ...

yeah great site for sure! ... loota stuff to look at here .. and is gettin me back in the building mood ... also helping taking my mind off of other stuff right now ...

Somehow-living where we do-I doubt this one will get ridden very much. I'm gunna teach her how to ride,but she's gunna want something...different :roll: . I still may just build this one freaky,knowing this :wink:

Go grab you something outta the shed or even the dump,ya's can build a rat on the cheap,and it would prove a great distraction for yer mind,and will be a good thing.

It's looking like this will need to be put on hold,because it looks like my marrital status may be changing (I'll know more by this time next week),and if so,when I get back on it,I'll be changing the name and direction I was going to go with. I may not be able to be on as often for a while either. Sorry,guys,I was just getting into it,and getting to know alla you's :?

Thanks,Bro. I just hope I don't wind up paying for a house I ain't welcome in :shock: :lol:

dude, sorry to hear that. hope all turns out ok.

Outlaw

Thanks,my friend. :)

Things are...just a little unpredictable. I may have jumped to a harsh conclusion. She's bipolar,and now it seems as this may've just been a really bad "episode". I dunno. I hope so.

Anyways,I don't want to make this thread a sappy pity party for dear old me :oops: ,but I would greatly appreciate any good thoughts and prayers :)

Anyhoo,I haven't taken the time to do any work on the bike since the last pic was shot. I have some more definate plans for it,and hope to have some work done over the weekend. I'm thinking about adding... :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
You might checkout this thread sometime if you get a chance...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13162

Thanks for that link. It reassured that what I really wanted was right...for me and Biblically (uh...a hint,NOT a divorse!Heck we got married in '92 when I was but 19! Waaay too high a percentage of our lives to leave)).

I know the scriptures brought up there (and believe me,I never thought it was all her),and it also sent me a message that the church skipping I've been doing the last few weeks isn't helping (and that in itself has stressed her,that maybe I might be slipping back to my old,evil self...and you have no idea :oops: ). Funny how that works,ain't it? Give the ole devil (not my bike buddy -devil- :wink: ) and inch,and he becomes a ruler.

i really hope all works out for you. i am on my 3rd wife. it's my last. my 1st after 20 yrs and 3 kids. my 2nd, 5 yrs ,no kids. had to geet out of that one as she was a coke head an i couldn't turn her. my 3rd is the greatest. she has one child. i am her 4th . i know what the bible says and maybe i was wrong to not stay with my first wife but in the end i will find out. i pray that what ever i have done that the lord will forgive me. we will only see. i have been married now for 10 yrs. am i happy, yes. i still think you should do everything you can to keep your marriage going. best of luck to you my friend, i will pray for you both.

Outlaw

Thanks,Outlaw :) ,for the prayers and the thoughts.
24 hours later,I can only figure it was a horrid bipolar episode...everything's rosy now :shock: :D . I even went to eat breakfast with her when she took lunch at 10am at work,been a terrific day for us. I guess sometimes I forget what it is to be in love with a bipolar'd person. It's not like some physical ailment,where you watch your spouse suffer,but draw together,it's emotional,and she believes she hates you sometimes (when she really doesn't),if that makes sense.

On the Lord forgiving you,He can and He will,and not only that,once you accept Him (now,I ain't preaching here 8) ),and He is Lord of your life,He "casts your sins in the sea of forgiveness" and "remembers them no more". OK,no politics :p .

I intended to work on the frame today,but 3 things prevented it,1) it rained again (starting to believe Va is around your state :p ),2) I went for a rainy road ride (missed one day outta the last 26...yesterday),and 3) by the time I got back (and right now),it's hitting me that I crashed about 2:30 last night,got up with her at 5:15 this morning,and did about that yesterday too,LOL! If I get any dry weather tomorrow,I want to get some wet sanding/smoothing done (or get that hornet's nest outta the shed and do it there),and see how much juice is left in the tanks for my set of torches (haven't used it in 3-4 years) so I can maybe braze a panel on there.

I think,after a consult with her,I'll be going with off white-white as the secondary color,and Chrysler engine Turquoise for the primary,maybe try my brush at some striping... (just wish I had some extra $ to blow on some fresh chrome...I doubt Brillo pads will shine some of it up very much...oh well,next build :mrgreen: )

glad all is ok. i don't have a problem with the lord, i accepted him a very long time ago. anyways, since oooooall is good the plans for the bike sound great. get to work will ya, we have to spank the little boys good.lol

Outlaw

Back