Tina's Pride-New Pics added 6-06-09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tina's Pride-New Pics added 5-24-09

Man...I'm surprised that RatRodbikes.com let you use a cuss word like that...MOVING!!!(LOL) You know you could combine the two on your chain guard...tape off a cool design &/or the name of your bike (or whatever else might pop into your skull) then shoot your paint...if it doesn't come out,you can always strip it & try sumpth'in else...eh?...Pappy 8)

Pappy said:
Man...I'm surprised that RatRodbikes.com let you use a cuss word like that...MOVING!!!(LOL) You know you could combine the two on your chain guard...tape off a cool design &/or the name of your bike (or whatever else might pop into your skull) then shoot your paint...if it doesn't come out,you can always strip it & try sumpth'in else...eh?...Pappy 8)

I agree 210%,moving is most definitely a dirty word!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to do the "stripping and try something else" anyways...I attempted to shoot a couple coats paint on the front fender today,and didn't realise in time that the two different brand's enamels weren't the most compatible...funny thing is,I know better,having used to do a little body n paint work in a former life :?

I also did a little work on the rear fender,got about 3/4 of it ready for final sanding/minor filling/primer. And now,Tina throws me a possible curve-ball...she mentioned in passing that Ma Mopar's engine Turquoise might not be the "prettiest,most feminine" color choice,with this look on her face " :| ",so methinks I may be cruising Wallymart's paint isle soon,and stripping that fork yet again... :roll:

I've got a friend over on Myspace (Uncle Fulmer) who recently picked up an early 80's (?) Sears Feespirit,with his permission,here's a couple pics of it...

UncleFulmersFreespirit1.jpg

UncleFulmersFreespirit2.jpg

Here's mine again for comparison...

TinasPride3.jpg

BareFrame.jpg

If you'll notice,it has the exact same bend in the seatpost as mine...and from what research I've done,this is what I have,tho a little older than his,so...no straightening of the seatpost required! 8)

Haven't gotten to do anything to it the last couple days,been crawled up under my old wagon doing repairs there (inspection sticker's due in a few weeks :? )...Cars-R-Coffins!

OK,got the rear fender in primer (several little dings to contend with,but I digress...),and here's the front fender,nearly finished. The areas still primed will be the bike's primary color (Sky Blue). More to come...

FrontFender3-1.jpg

FrontFender2-1.jpg

FrontFender1-1.jpg

Here's the rear fender primed,and the chaingaurd...it sure is white :| ...pin stripe it?

RearFenderprimed.jpg

Chaingaurdsprayed1.jpg

Chaingaurdsprayed2.jpg

Back