Touch of Trash - Finished!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a frame from a guy at a garage sale, his son was going to build a low rider bike and had cut the frame. The shame is it's a '67. So I decided I might as well build a chopper.
ChopperPJT1.jpg

I'm not sure which way to go with the front end. I'm was thinking board track-ish, not sure now! I like the long chrome front end. I may even extend the rear frame and use a cruiser front end, make it a 24" chop!
ChopperPJT4.jpg

ChopperPJT7.jpg

ChopperPJT6.jpg

Re: My first attempt

I like the triple tree forks. I I think with the way the headtube was angled that the seat tube needs to be also.

I like it with the stock forks, no banana seat but with some apes. there ya go done deal.lol. :wink:

Outlaw 8)

Not done yet. My 2 cents.
-Long fork
-Banana seat
-Tall sissy bar leaning back at an angle

me 2 . Maybe a little longer sissy and more angle to match the handlebar angle so it looks like it is cruising at high speeds.:D

I like the idea of angling the seat post back. I've added a few more pics. I built tank sides and I'm looking at putting the side bars back, I think I'll cut them down to about 3/4 lenght, also have an idea for a springer addition for the original front end using an old seat (coil) spring I found at ghost town dumpsite.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2273927620099908201YCbKJZ?vhost=rides

Here's the old seat spring I found in an old ghost town dump site.
IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

It looks cool. You might like it, you might not. I ride too "aggressive" , for that much rake. But like I said, it does look COOL.

I like the fork. Nice original looking idea. Do you have enough space between the back of the spring and the bike frame to actually turn it?

g-ratter said:
I like the fork. Nice original looking idea. Do you have enough space between the back of the spring and the bike frame to actually turn it?

Thanks, I've had that seat spring for about 5 years. I knew it had a purpose, just had to wait for it to come along. The front end has about 40 or 50 degrees each side, no sharp turns on this one and the paint may just get scratched! 8)

Well, I decided to go with the springer front end. I think the triple tree front end will be better suited for another project. I bought some cheap wheels and whitewall tires, when I mocked it up it looked too much like a low rider, so I roughed the rims up, masked them off and spray bombed them red! Now I'm rethinking the color for the bike, I was going to go with brown with some tan scallops. I'm thinking grey or fauxtina now.
IMG_0393.jpg

Re: My first attempt- Touch Of Trash!

I'm building this bike around an old seat spring I found out in the middle of the desert at a ghost town dumpsite. Here's a couple more pics:

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

The bars are going to be shortened and I'll add some end bars.

Re: My first attempt- Touch of Trash!

well, it's a little too late now but here's how I would have done that bike.
a chrome springer frontend, flat pan seat, and short drag bars welded right to the springer....no gooseneck.
something like this:
redbike2.jpg

redbike.jpg

Back