Touch of Trash - Finished!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Touch of Trash!

man that kick stand is sic. I was thinkin about something to do for EL THUNDER an now I know. I am going to steal that idea, if ya don't mine. I may even put it on STREET DIGGER if the peddal don't hold it up. see what happens when ya show us what ya got.lol. thanks, I am still watchin this build.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
man that kick stand is sic. I was thinkin about something to do for EL THUNDER an now I know. I am going to steal that idea, if ya don't mine. I may even put it on STREET DIGGER if the peddal don't hold it up. see what happens when ya show us what ya got.lol. thanks, I am still watchin this build.

Outlaw 8)

Go for it Outlaw! It'd be cool to see it get used on other bikes, mabey someone can improve on it. I'm working in a self-kickout so I don't have to use my heel guide it out and then back in. I've figured out how to do it, even had it working but it was UGLY. So, I'm looking at another idea. Thanks for the compliments. 8)

isaiah3g said:
This is one TRICK bike! I absolutely love the front end!! Totally awesome! and that kickstand! looks genius! I love how the kickstand is gettin attention!

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! This is my first build, good to see that someone is enjoying it as much as I am! The front end really works well too, I thought the spring was going to be too weak, but it's perfect.

i hate seeing when people cut stingray frames... :x
you did pretty good job with it thought

iven said:
i hate seeing when people cut stingray frames... :x
you did pretty good job with it thought
I agree, This one was a nice frame. I guess I could have tried to put it back. But, I don't think I could've made it look right.

Re: Touch of Trash! New Vid 11-29

Got the mechanism figured out, the stand deploys and returns using only the handle! I was having to help it out with my heel.

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

Here's a youtube link of the updated video with a little more info on how it was built, I couldn't get it to upload to photobucket.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqeMB8cxBSw

Looks cool!
I wonder how a person could do a linkage going to a seat? A lever to raise it up and lower it, 'cuz you gotta park it slammed, but it's easier to ride with the seat up. I could see a lever along the top tube, with a sturdy detent to keep the seat at the right height. What do you guys think?

I've been thinking about that. mabey you could use parts off an office chair, one of those hydraulic types that lifts and lowers when you pull the lever.

I painted the frame today, first I put down some Rustoleum "Hammered" paint, wet sanded it with 1000 grit and then sprayed this color over it. HATE IT! My skills with body filler require something that covers a little better :lol: I'll wet sand it again tomorrow and use the hammered paint, it really looked pretty good. Just had to see how my vision would look, I may need glasses for my mind! :?
IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

cheap harbor freight work stool will work maybe
mmcdaniel69 said:
I've been thinking about that. mabey you could use parts off an office chair, one of those hydraulic types that lifts and lowers when you pull the lever.

jalopyjimmy13 said:
mmcdaniel69 said:
Yep, good idea!

mmcdaniel69 said:
jalopyjimmy13 said:
mmcdaniel69 said:
Yep, good idea!
pneumatic or hydraulic would be cool :D

i want a chopper or like a trike that can lower pneumatically that would be sweet..

have you finnished this yet. if so let's see it.

Outlaw 8)

I have, just waiting for the weather to clear so I can take some pics!!!!!!! It's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I can understand that. I am now just takin my time to finish STREET DIGGER as it's too cold here to paint. well can't wait to see it done.

Outlaw 8)

Back