WINTER COMMUTING.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: It's COLD!!!!!!

It could be worse in Coldfoot, Alaska it is going to be -44 Saturday night. The high for the week is 1.

We hit around -40 windchill her on Monday and Tuesday.
I went out and took some sunrise photos. I love the elements that cold weather provides.

8402113153_47308da8fb_o.jpg

8406365798_c16e607178_o.jpg

and if you want to see some RAW footage I shot in between taking stills..

http://youtu.be/tBsS9JI03ao

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah Like 76 and sunny here today.

Suppose to be -15 to -10 tonight...think I'll go for a swim! :roll:

Why stop there...yall should convince your wives to have a picnic. :lol:

What the heck...maybe even camp out this evening.

I saw 4' on the thermometer in the car a few minutes ago. That's what it was when I left for work this morning, but it got up to about 13' over the course of the day. The sky is pretty clear now, so I expect it be colder by morning...

14 degrees and snowing I followed the plow into work today. Almost got wiped by cars twice in town they were skidding all over.
My friend Dave is pulling the plow.

imag0603x.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NUTS???? Nope. Boise had an Ice Storm that had not been seen in 30 years on Thursday. It was also the first time in 20+ days that is rose above 30 F. It was a skating rink for sure even with the studded tires on. On the morning commute of snow(ice) day, I always take a different route than normal. I am afraid of the cars.

Pretty sure most drivers in Boise figured out what cyclists already know, you are driving a 4000 pound missle.

XC204 said:
14 degrees and snowing I followed the plow into work today. Almost got wiped by cars twice in town they were skidding all over.
My friend Dave is pulling the plow.

imag0603x.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gary
Great pic!

The roads were bad this morning just a couple inches and cold enough the the salt was not working.

Perfect snow for the plow!.... Hope you pull it to some time.

Latest posts

Back