Recent content by Retro Flutter

1. Retro Flutter

Where can I find cable ends for brake cables?

Thanks for the replies. I looked at Porkchop's website but it'd be $30 to ship to Canada+ the cost of the items them selves, in US dollars, which would be about $40. Now trying to find a place with better shipping rates. We're also under lockdown atm so, everything is curbside pickup atm, can't...
  2. Retro Flutter

As far as "normal" goes, I'm used to seeing these kind. The ones on this bike have a step down that goes into the brake lever and the larger outside acts as the cable stop for the housing. The housing end bit broke off which prevented the brake from working.
  3. Retro Flutter

Looking for the ferrules/cable stops that fit older brake levers. One of mine broke and has rendered the brake unusable and I have no replacements and Local bike shops don't either, too "old" of a bike. Bike in Question was made by CCM. I took off the working brake cable from the lever, to show...
  4. Retro Flutter

1962 AMF Roadmaster Sky Rider

Well, finally felt up to the task and installed the headbadge i had. Center punched where the mounting holes were gonna be, drilled them and then hammered in rivets. Got some sheet metal, and I plan on fabbing up some round cylindrical saddlebags for it, maybe, use pop rivets to put them...
  5. Retro Flutter

Unusual parts found scavenging bikes.

Modern high end MTBs have gone to a similar interface system. Kinda odd how old tech comes back around sometimes.
  6. Retro Flutter

Thanks. Only been out on one ride so far. Thinking of flipping the bars. Rides good though, feels more solid than my Fleetwing.
  7. Retro Flutter

Removing stickers from painted chrome graphics?

I've got a tank on my 1962 Skyrider and on each side, there's a sticker, right on top of the Skyrider graphic.. Is there a safe way to get them off, without damaging the original graphic? I have Goo Gone but I know that can have some unwanted side effects at times. I've not touched them, as...
  8. Retro Flutter

Dug her out of the basement yesterday, finally, since the weather has been Spring like. I put a set of brown OGK grips I had laying around on it for now, they're the same grips as my Fleetwing, (I had ordered 2 pair at the time, as they were dirt cheap). My friend down the street has some NOS...
  9. Retro Flutter

Anyone tried these "Thousand Heritage" helmets?

Seems I'm gonna have to get one, lol. I even found a place here in Canada selling them. I'm probably gonna get the black on black, but I kinda like the titanium colour too.
  10. Retro Flutter

Anyone tried these "Thousand Heritage" helmets?

I was looking for a retro/vintage styled helmet that met safety standards and stumbled upon these guys. Old school helmet style, with leather straps and a hole to lock it to your bike. Plus a variety of colours. https://www.explorethousand.com/products/bike-helmet
  11. Retro Flutter

Near the point, what kinda grips should I put on it and what colour? Brown to match the saddle? Black? Maybe Red? Torpedo grips? Ball grips, Coke Bottles?
  12. Retro Flutter

Coming along. Fixed the front fender issue,, tightend down a lot of things, ran BLO on the fork and front fender as well, since I forgot about them. I also mocked up the shifter, not sure how high/low I want it yet, gonna reroute the cable down and below the BB and along the chain stay. But, it...
  13. Retro Flutter

Yea, wheels and fork came off my gold JC Higgins build. This was supposed to be a simple frame swap, lol. Though, y'know how it goes...
  14. Retro Flutter

Haven't been doing much to the bike lately, but I should be continuing it, now that I've got the fork installed. So, I ended up doing what @Wildcat and @Dr. Tankenstein suggested and using the original fork the bike came with, which was actually too long and the extra length came in handy for...
  15. Retro Flutter

So, my headset finally arrived....except, it's completely the wrong one I ordered. On the other hand, it's a more expensive headset I received, compared to what I paid for. I originally ordered a generic BMX steel headset, with caged bearings and a 27mm crown race to fit the Monarch repop...