ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always cool to see the method to your madness!

I haven't forgot about your request...I'm just not ready to reveal it's direction. When I'm comfortable to share it, I'm make sure John Steward (Green Lantern) is standing tall in the saddle. :grin::grin:
I was showing my nephew some of the bikes and stuff on here (he and his sister are over for the summer kick off in the pool):) and he really likes your bike, then when he saw Green Lantern he really lit up! I told him that you were going to take a picture of the green lantern riding the bike and he keeps asking to see it. I know you said you don't want to reveal the bike (even though it's only been a couple of days since your last revealo_O), but maybe you could just set him on top of the fork stem and tank as if he's riding and take a picture to make a kid happy (and me too so he'll stop asking);)!
Thanks

Here's my reason for not revealing images, because the most of what we do is a creative profess of discovery...for instance, one of the first things I did was finished my "chain" seat. I was thrilled with the outcome, but after assembling the bike, I now have reservations about the hard pan? I'm now considering some other seat options? The same thing goes for my pedals...I was rather adamant about which pedals I was going to use, but after some thought and seeing the direction the assembly was taking me...I'm now going with "rat traps" for my rat rod!

This picture actually helps with some of my earlier confusion about the pizza pan wheel covers. I see from this angle there is virtually no "dish" at all to them after all. The non-sanded disc in the previous photos looked very domed shape. This view makes them look like they are still virtually flat, which I assume is required for those fat rims anyway.
I totally understand the lack of picture along the way, that's why Bad Donald seems to only look like two wheel halves so far.:21:

You can't fool the sleuths!

Man. You guys aren't using these things correctly. How do you think I cut,bend, and weld all my frames,forks,rims,and bars?
supertool001.jpg

Work smart and let them use the powers they have to help you.(BTW, that was from 2010 so you all are late on that fad. I think ej599 started it all with wheel building G.I. Joe)
Pizza discs are great, I must say.

I received my valve extenders for my tires today. The idea is to drill a small hole on one wheel disc (front &rear), screw the valve extenders on and insert through the drilled holes. It should extend outside the disc about 1/2", allowing me to inflate my tires without having to remove the discs.

Finished with the rear fork and how it connects to the frame (remember, my objective is to have no welding or cutting to the frame!) The triangle at the top of the fork fits behind the seat post and is sandwiched in the bridge by a second triangle and three bolts on the underside.

Finished with the rear fork and how it connects to the frame (remember, my objective is to have no welding or cutting to the frame!) The triangle at the top of the fork fits behind the seat post and is sandwiched in the bridge by a second triangle and three bolts on the underside.

When I did this for my seat post last year (before the rule change) there was one major difference that may be a big problem for you down the road. This was the best picture that I could find...
100_5358_zps5e5da574.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture, but I was very careful to have the three bolts touching the frame in the corners so that it couldn't shift at all when I tightened it down. It worked very well.

In your case it's even more critical because if it shifts at all, then your geometry changes and your chain line changes, then things break if you're moving very fast!:eek: Even a small amount could translate to a lot at the wheel.

Outside of redoing your plate, I would suggest at the very least putting in some sort of shims to take up the space. Good luck!

Top plate, bottom plate, insert wedge....as Kingfish and Jake would say, That's quite a sammich!:)

Yeah, that's my way of doing it! This is not my first rodeo.:cool2:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back