Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Life Magazine photo gallery

Not sure if this has been posted already but Life magazine has a cool gallery of Chicago Rat bikes from the 30's/40's. http://life.time.com/curiosities/bizarr ... ors-pick#1
  2. R

Captain Slow

Well, this build certainly lived up to it's name. I had everything pretty much ready to go on the first day of the build-off and then it took a six week dive into illness. A 6 day build that took 3 months to complete :) Still, it was the most fun build that I have done in a long time and I...
  3. R

CCM Regal (pic heavy)

I have been wanting to put together my ultimate daily rider for a while now and had some spare time while I was waiting for parts for my build off bike, Captain Slow: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=40231 I picked up a 1943 CCM camelback off craiglist a few months ago, I paid way too much for it but I...
  4. R

Captain Slow - Finished!!

Ok, so I'm a little late joining the show... I was originally going to go with my CCM camelback frame and build a Pashley Govnor type of bike, something a little lighter than my normal cruiser and a little easier on my back with a tall seatpost and 700c wheels. Then I thought, heck, that's too...
  5. R

Bendix automatic issue (?)

I recently bought a Bendix Automatic red band hub and I think I might have an issue after rebuilding it. I stripped, re-greased, and rebuilt it using the amazing walk-through in the How-to's section: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21780&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0 Everything seems to be working fine, it...
  6. R

New(old) member

Hi everyone, I have been a member under a different user name for a couple of years now but after an epic move across Canada including two separate addresses in Vancouver in 3 months (I love the real estate business - not) and a complete meltdown of my computer hard drives, I am back! I lost...
Back