Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen and Art of Bicycle Maintenance
zen.jpg

:eek: What have I done... but thanks for the input guys :rolleyes:

I was looking at my "Encyclopedia of the Motocycle" book an came up with a couple more old motorcycle related ones...

Royal Glenfield

Glenbecane

:)

LOL. I could've sworn I saw a bike called a Cosmopolitan.
Google images came up wit nuthin'... but I did see these, http://baucy.tumblr.com/image/26898442887
you could put them on yer' next Gnarly Glenvidson

Carl.

On this, my third build-off, I'm probably spending the most I've spent yet, and watch, I'll get less votes then I have in the past.

On this, my third build-off, I'm probably spending the most I've spent yet, and watch, I'll get less votes then I have in the past.
If it's anything like the Western ƒlyer Šuper, it won't have any problems with votes!

RM I'm going in a slightly different direction... more a skinny tire vintage cruiser (pre war). But skinny tire cruisers seem popular in here lately, so maybe it will be liked. Either way, I can't wait to build it.

Why do we have to wait so long to get this started? It's like a girl on prom night. She gets you all excited, you spend a bunch of money on her, make sure you have everything ready, talk with your buddies about your plan and then you have to wait 4 months before you can start playing with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do we have to wait so long to get this started? It's like a girl on prom night. She gets you all excited, you spend a bunch of money on her, make sure you have everything ready, talk with your buddies about your plan and then you have to wait 4 months before you can start playing with her.

o_O Mate... stop thinking about playing with girls and get back to that winter build off bike :bigboss:

Glen.

o_O Mate... stop thinking about playing with girls and get back to that winter build off bike :bigboss:

Glen.
Lol I'm still waiting on bearing to arrive! I promise I'll have progress tomorrow. It's my day off so I'll get something done.

I still don't know where I am going to find the time, but I can't stop thinking of BONINE stuff. Migz posted a thread about a cool girder fork and I can't stop thinking of ways to try and skin my Girvin / Noleen fork to look like a girder fork.

WP_001092.jpg

And as we get closer and closer to BO9 Brian debates more about being in. I can say I predicted this Brian you'll be in it. Embrace it. Admit it. No way you're sittin it out.

This will be my first BB, but my third here having done the Muscle Bike and currently in the Winter Build... So, if BONINE starts May1, when does it end?

I'm thinking maybe a FREIGHT TRAIN theme...

Carl.

Last edited:
And as we get closer and closer to BO9 Brian debates more about being in. I can say I predicted this Brian you'll be in it. Embrace it. Admit it. No way you're sittin it out.

I know that you are right, but I also know that I can't commit the time investment that I had with Firewing or Flexy. So it all will boil down to time management. So I will go ahead and confirm that your prediction is correct that I will join the fun of BONINE. I just have to control the scope of the build to fit the time I will have. But that's the same challenge that all of us fight during the build off. Scope creep and time management have prevented many a Build Off bike from reaching the finish line.

This will be my first BB, but my third here having done the Muscle Bike and currently in the Winter Build... So, if BONINE starts May1, when does it end?

Carl.

Typically it runs until sometime in the first week of August. I think Steve tries to make it end the first full weekend after the first of August. Usually about 200 builds start and a little over 100 finish.

Carl.
That would has been an awesome name for someone last year too, can you imagine "frEIGHT train" as a build name for BO#08? :113:

Great theme Carl! Looking forward to seeing it!

Luke.

Someone should do a cow print bike this year and call it the BONINE BOVINE. :android:
EAT MOR CHIKIN!

Kingfish, you were the first one I saw ever post "BONINE" ....
I loved it and been using it ever since.:crazy:

Carl.

Latest posts

Back