ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep it up and this thing will be cooler then remix and it was an 11

Troy

I picked up a nice set of fenders...I'm not exactly sure which bike they're off...they're 5" over the top? At first I thought early 40's Schwinn, I don't recall Schwinn having a peak ridge (except for their aluminum fenders)? I'm don't think they're Colson, Monark or Rollfast either, too wide across, but perfect for my build!

Next to a regular 26" fender.

I think they may be Columbia fenders. They sure do remind me of the big ones on Firewing. The peak, ducktail and dimples all look right. But yours would have had a non springer fork.

I think they may be Columbia fenders. They sure do remind me of the big ones on Firewing. The peak, ducktail and dimples all look right. But yours would have had a non springer fork.

I checked some pics online and I think you're right? Regardless, they're cool...I just need to modify them a little.

I checked some pics online and I think you're right? Regardless, they're cool...I just need to modify them a little.

Columbia fenders are very cool and fat! I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

So i just had a lengthy discussion with a RRBBO moderator this morning about my build. It seems a some members suspect my bike is already finished? Some have alluded to this in this thread…requesting images of Enigma in its raw build taken next to Remix…or indirectly referring, I’m sitting back dropping images to pass the time?

So to give everyone clarity to this matter and that there’s no smoke and mirrors with my builds and that Enigma is still work in progress, here’s the latest email from the moderator with response attached.

Moderator:
People keep asking why you are using screen shots of your photos?
This makes it appear that you're trying to hide the photo's original date information thus giving people the idea that you shot the photos prior to the build off start.
Not saying that you did, but this is the discussion going around.

Fordsnake:
???? Wow...I didn't know the general public could access my files? I snap screen shots because of the image compression and then upload them to Photobucket. I have a storage of all my photos and they're time dated! I didn't know it was a requirement to allow access to my files?

I thought my Photobucket files were locked and private? No key is granted...as you can see in the left column?
My reason...I don't want people accessing my personal files and sharing it without my permission.

Sadly this is the same dark cloud that hung over last years (REMIX) build.

RRBBO8 Moderator:
Carlton,
We've been getting some PMs about your build REMIX, everyone loves it, but based on your build thread and a photo you just posted, some members are saying that you started the build early?

I publicly addressed this last year and here it is again…knocking at my door.

I’m not sure what you guys want from me? I know I have a target on my back because I’ve won two in a row, and I guess it comes with the territory disgruntle members who'd like to see me knock down. But these false accusations are so unfair.

I think I’m going to change my build name to “USUAL SUSPECT”;););)

So i just had a lengthy discussion with a RRBBO moderator this morning about my build. It seems a some members suspect my bike is already finished? Some have alluded to this in this thread…requesting images of Enigma in its raw build taken next to Remix…or indirectly referring, I’m sitting back dropping images to pass the time?

So to give everyone clarity to this matter and that there’s no smoke and mirrors with my builds and that Enigma is still work in progress, here’s the latest email from the moderator with response attached.

Moderator:
This makes it appear that you're trying to hide the photo's original date information thus giving people the idea that you shot the photos prior to the build off start.

Fordsnake:
???? Wow...I didn't know the general public could access my files? I snap screen shots because of the image compression and then upload them to Photobucket. I have a storage of all my photos and they're time dated! I didn't know it was a requirement to allow access to my files?

I thought my Photobucket files were locked and private? No key is granted...as you can see in the left column?
My reason...I don't want people accessing my personal files and sharing it without my permission.

RRBBO8 Moderator:
Carlton,
We've been getting some PMs about your build REMIX, everyone loves it, but based on your build thread and a photo you just posted, some members are saying that you started the build early?

I’m not sure what you guys want from me? I know I have a target on my back because I’ve won two in a row, and I guess it comes with the territory disgruntle members who'd like to see me knock down. But these false accusations are so unfair.

Moderator:

Fordsnake:

RRBBO8 Moderator:
Carlton,

Sad, sad stuff. Being at the top is lonely Man. Your skills & creativity inspire me to excel. Hang tuff.

I've built many bikes and hot rods, the one thing I notice is that the people that talk crap about your stuff are the same people that couldn't build a square block out of Legos using instructions. If 'they' are hoping you don't win this year, maybe 'they' should step it up their self instead of just bit@#!ng about people that actually have talent. I'm on a couple hot rod forums and the one thing that I hate the most about them are the couch mechanics that will tell you what you are doing wrong on your build, but don't you dare make any comments on their build. You have talent, they wish they did. BTW, I think that your Mofaux bike is one of my all time favorite bikes. Keep building and don't worry too much about the crybabies.

That's usually how it goes.... Sorry to hear about the accusations. Reminds me of the time way back in college in criminal law. I always got 99to 100% on the written tests and other students told the professor I was cheating... leading to almost a strip search before and then a closely proctored test.... on which I still achieved a 100%. Keep up the awesome work and let haters be haters.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it....like I've said before, this is a competition with no real prizes except for the cool bike that you end up with. Anyone who doesn't understand that have made this waaaay more serious then they should.

We're grown men and women here playing with bicycles....this isn't necessarily going to alter the trajectory of civilization. :21:

And yes....every time there has been a competition on this site over the past 8 years there have been forum members scrutinizing other people's builds. Sitting in the moderator chair during the build offs isn't an easy place to be. We usually get several emails a season from people unhappy with this or that.

So just continue on with the cool build and don't sweat the naysayers. ;)

I find that kind of silly that anyone even cares that much to get a mod involved.

Its not like there is anything at stake here anyways. It's all about building a bike in which you, YOURSELF thinks is cool, who cares what anyone else thinks. Personally, I could care less when a bike was done (rbbbo or not) as long as it achieves its goal. The build off should be about comradere, not about why so and so's is better than whoevers. It sounds like someone has sour grapes about their lack of creativity compared to what you come up with and just wants to nitpick blow some technicality bologna up peoples butts to show their supposed superiority.

But alas, we are on the interwebs, where everyone knows everything, in a country where not only do people feel entitled to their opinions, but that they are also right and everyone else is wrong. (no matter how silly the notion really is)

I know that you posted some other complaints in regards to others attitudes this year, luckily I havn't seen a whole lot of that myself, as I've been spending entirely too much time trying to get my own stuff done to really try and compare to what everyone else is doing.

Some people apparently feel a need to have to complain about everything.

Latest posts

Back