iAM Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added the rest of striping on fenders. Aged the new white areas. I added the larger brass sex bolts at tank.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401481691.552487.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401481731.830877.jpg

Test fit new chainring with the extra bumps, turns freely. One pedal option shows in photos.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401481866.367518.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401481885.654047.jpg

Going to add some effects to tank, battery pack will go to the cookie press.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401481988.088075.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401482018.061357.jpg
retained the reflective tape at rear fender.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401482091.395412.jpg
still not sure about the bars but I will probably keep the oxidized stem and light appearance.
Rack may get painted. Need to clean up the greasy parts and finish up wiring

Superb build!

Superb build!
Thank you KF
Lot of great details, great color scheme!
Since I kept the starting red and white paint of the frame and fenders the other colors just seemed to compliment the bike. Kudos to my wife on paint choices.
Looking awesome! What are you going to do in the remaining 2 months? ( I am surprised @kingfish254 has not started his "how many days left countdown" already...)
Luke.
Thanks Luke. Still have drive train, shifter, taillight, tank effects, wiring, bars, grips, pedals, saddle, rack, possible trunk (?), doodad, and theme finale. Plus photo shoot with camera other than iPhone.
Also need to get in some riding time, too many bikes setting around unused. Garden and plants requiring more attention as things warm up. Need some vacation time as well. Couple of swap meets coming up. I also have another project bike I would like to do.

Uhhhhhh......WOW!
Nuff sed.

Cheers,
Dr. T
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you sir.
Very nice.
Hey thanks.

Looking awesome! What are you going to do in the remaining 2 months? ( I am surprised @kingfish254 has not started his "how many days left countdown" already...)

Luke.
Plants and the garden are my other vice. We picked up this "Down Under Pot" at our Spring garden show.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401544282.650674.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401544313.700134.jpg

Also have this light planter which needs to find its way onto a bike. Best of both worlds.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401544446.469938.jpg

My wife and I have a green thumb as well. Garden is started and our southerly facing living room window is blocked by 3 big bonsai trees.

Did a down and dirty experiment with the tank combustion effect. I had to see if this was even worth pursuing. I learned a couple of things from the mockup, one being that I need alternating flashing. Anyway a couple of photos follow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401675996.634530.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401676020.216625.jpg

Looks better in flashing mode and need to fine tune LED placement.

Some video

Very cool!!! Painting the insides of the exhaust pipes gloss red may enhance the effect too.
COOL VIDEO!

Very cool!!! Painting the insides of the exhaust pipes gloss red may enhance the effect too.
COOL VIDEO!
Thanks, I need to fine tune mounting of the LEDs. For realism I was thinking gray or black at the visible inside area of pipes.

Awesome job! Have you thought about trying a Christmas tree light control box so you can vary the speed and flash pattern? Just an idea :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This thought has crossed my mind, but the selection is small this time of the year. Not sure I have seen a DC battery set with the multi effect controller. Thanks for checking in.

Latest posts

Back