iAM Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome so far brother!
Quick question, have you tried the rear wheel yet?
I'm planning to run 26x2.35 tires on my Higgins resto-mod too and hoping there won't be fender issues. Looks like the front will be fine.

Keep going, your bike looks great.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did a trial fit before I painted the rims and things seemed to work OK. The rims are from Electra Bicycles and only about 1-3/8" wide, so the inflated tires don't get too wide, right at 2.35". Thanks for looking.

The battery holder blends in well.
Cool trunk. Are you gonna paint the bottom white like the tank?

The battery holder blends in well.
Cool trunk. Are you gonna paint the bottom white like the tank?
Not sure about using it, don't think I want to add paint to it. If it were to be used it probably would look best if the tank finish were repeated.

I wonder how the fork doodads would look painted with the tan color?
Painted one paprika and one khaki. Will do a test install to see if either works, could always go back to black.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400439276.136443.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400439323.718399.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400439298.216622.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400439298.216622.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 247
I put the scrollwork doodads back on for a visual test. I think both look better than black and one of these better than the other.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400458312.570086.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400458333.969575.jpg

Glad you're the one who has to pick the colour choice for you're doodads!
Looking real cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think I'm leaning towards the khaki, my wife said paprika though.

I'd go with the khaki too. It pops more being a different color than the forks. I just think with the forks being red and the doodad thingy being red, it just loses something.

Wow, so much cool stuff going on here. AM I too late to cote on headers? 2 then 3.
Hey thanks. Not to late, it's all fluid, nothing final. I kinda like #2 but I bought the els and feel like I should use them. The number 2 pipes are from scrap I had. Number one hides a couple of drill nicks.

Surprise! Your wife is right! Khaki is the way to go...

Great job so far. Is the trunk made for bikes? I've never seen one. Rg
Thanks. Yes the trunk is made for bikes. Someone had made a posting here with the web site. I got mine at a bike shop in KC, MO.

Not much luck with the chain
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400534334.290358.jpg

Received my pin-striping stencil tape today. Anxious to see if I can get it to curve around a fender profile.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400615588.080685.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400615609.991201.jpg

The cool thing about this stuff is all the different patterns available and the ability to do multiple colors.

Last edited:
Back