THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/14 huge update i feel better:)

thanks fireproof and i agree the carbs do need stacks like what you would see on an old hot rod i am working on it i am just poor at the moment but i get paid today so i can go pick up a set. no ashtray sorry and a cup holder? naaaaa i drink when we stop :mrgreen: thanks greg yea the seat is really low and far back which actually improved the seating position a lot and it looks cool too boot thats always a good thing

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/14 huge update pg15 i feel better:)

looking really good there, that is alot of progress, like what I see, cant wait to see the finished :D :mrgreen:

yep greg that was an early job i did trying to do two different pieces that were really close together so they had to match. and frank thanks i started playing around with the linkage last night to make it operate a little smoother you know how dual carbs are gotta get em just right or you will just chase your own tail in circles :lol:

karfer67 said:
yep greg that was an early job i did trying to do two different pieces that were really close together so they had to match. and frank thanks i started playing around with the linkage last night to make it operate a little smoother you know how dual carbs are gotta get em just right or you will just chase your own tail in circles :lol:

Hey Adam, on your carb set-up, would you be better-off using a Uni-Syn guage or a piano tuner? :lol:

Fireproof said:
karfer67 said:

Hey Adam, on your carb set-up, would you be better-off using a Uni-Syn guage or a piano tuner? :lol:
Or stick it in front of a window fan and hook up mercury tubes? (Or is that what a Uni-syn is? :? )

thanks joey a few have said they were speechless now wonder if you guys mean in a good way? :shock:

lol thanks as long as you dig it then my job is done. u know me i cant do anything normal

i dont know why youre running 2 2'.......
i told you ive got a 750 4 barrel im going to let go :lol:
hmmm.........maybe a spoke/nipple set up might work for the linkage(or maybe a flapper valve chain :p )
seriously though bike looks great :mrgreen: (just needs some of those cool transparent stripes though!)cant wait to see it in person!

the carb tunning is coming along nice and for the record i find dual single one barrels dont require a uni sync at all just make sure they open at the same time then it is just all tuning from there. now back to reality i spent some time last night running more lines and trying to fix my melted pinstriping that was on the top tube. i still have to fix the white but it is coming along. i also added yet another vw part this time it is the white fender welt rubber along the top parts of the tank. after spot welding the bottoms of the tank they fit well but there was an annoying gap along the top line. i think it looks good and fills the void. then the start of the rest of the paint work. still have to pull the rockers back off so i can stripe the other sides, figure out a headlight, and the pedals have been bothering me they are too plain.

LR056.jpg

LR055.jpg

LR052.jpg

LR054.jpg

LR053.jpg

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/18 more car parts, and lines

i am going to try and do something with the pedals but time is short and i need to get the final pics done. this is the progress made and basicly the bike is done. i really want to do a throttle setup for the bells but time is really short we will see.
LR058.jpg

tail light was first finished laying lines on it and installed my led tail light
LR057.jpg

LR063.jpg

LR061.jpg

then took the fork back apart so i could finish the lines on the plates
LR067.jpg

LR069.jpg

seat got the treatment too
LR075.jpg

finally laid the lines on the plate
LR071.jpg

even the carbs are not safe!!
LR065.jpg

then came the stacks. they are exhaust tips and i painted the insides for that traditional look
LR059.jpg

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/21 stacks, stripes, basicly DONE

LR077.jpg

the frame got some lines too
LR078.jpg

LR079.jpg

LR074.jpg

LR073.jpg

LR072.jpg

LR070.jpg

LR068.jpg

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/21 stacks, stripes, basicly DONE

video of the carbs.....um bells working and how the linkage works.

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/21 stacks, stripes, video of bells

Lots to look at. The stripes on the frame are perfect-very subtle.

If you could figure the cable routing, a gripshifter might be appropriate for the bell ringer.

Latest posts

Back