THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/14 huge update i feel better:)

WOW, I'm speechless!!! Think I'll go and hide from my bike now!

stretch said:
that looks killer! love everything. the brooks saddle looks a lot better than a shovel. :wink:

agreed.

I really had my doubts when you pulled out the shovel blade there.

How's leg extension on that? not kneeing yourself in the teeth or anything? The seat looks good there.

thanks guys and gals. it rides well but then again i am 5 8 so i am not super tall. moving the seat back was actually a really good idea because it moves my knee caps further away from those spike bar ends that have gotten me a few times already when turning. i am surprised none of you have asked how it turns with those carbs where they are. and i am happy to report that it steers just fine and yes is a fully working bike. now then in a few of the pics you can see what the purpose of the carbs actually is. hehe

i set them up so that the tops of the carbs are flush with the top of the stem and the bars swing under the carbs. see even i think sometimes when i mock things up :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
now then in a few of the pics you can see what the purpose of the carbs actually is. hehe
At first I was going to say ashtray. But now I am going with two bells.
Bike looks SICK :mrgreen:

Skipton said:
karfer67 said:
now then in a few of the pics you can see what the purpose of the carbs actually is. hehe
At first I was going to say ashtray. But now I am going with two bells.
Bike looks SICK :mrgreen:

If that's true, then you've got my 'number 1' vote on this moment... I didn't like the carbs on the bike because of em having 'no purpose' on a bike. It looks awesome, and if they're going to be dual bells...

Man, I love this site : - )

thanks again for the kind comments on the bike. as for the carbs yes they do serve a purpose as the dual bells for the bike. one of my fav things to do is to take a part that is ment for something else and change it to the point that some might not even realize what it is for or what it was to start with. this bike really has a motorcycle like theme with the dual carbs that i intended to look like a pair of stormbergs, and the 5hp brigs piston turned tail light. i really dig the mean look of the bike and it is basically dead on to what i had originally envisioned the bike to be. she is clean to a point, mean, and even a little rusty and worn in spots. i have a few more surprises in store for you guys with this bike that i need to get done in the next few days then it is off to get final pics taken and THEN relax. this build would have never gotten to this point with out the help of sensor (for the fame and tank), and frank (for the wheels, and carbs). it is funny how things change in a build like my original intention was to do the bike in hooligans colors black and green, but when frank brought me the rims and i spent some time cleaning them i realized how cool it would look in black and maroon so thats how it came to be. thanks guys for all your help and support

you're MENTAL :D . you should definitely hook a throttle cable to bells, in fact I think you're now obliged to . pity about the shovel. how is the balance? it looks a bit heavy on the left side now. maybe the briggs piston evens it out LOL

JOScatRATrod said:
you're MENTAL :D . you should definitely hook a throttle cable to bells, in fact I think you're now obliged to . pity about the shovel. how is the balance? it looks a bit heavy on the left side now. maybe the briggs piston evens it out LOL
Maybe if it had a rod and cylinder. :lol:

yes skiptron i am not done yet you will all have to wait and see. JOScatRATrod the balance is not changed really at all i think mostly because the center of gravity in this bike is so low to start with. that and the lead i poured into the tubes earlier to balance it out, just kidding. i was really surprised like i said before when i got the carbs on and put it on the kickstand. i thought for sure the added weight to the one side would make it want to fall over but not at all i think it is better now than before. sometimes it is better to be lucky than good :mrgreen:

oh and i learned the hard way not to weld under a part that is pinstriped on top. it will melt the paint in a hurry oops

Yes, Adam, this thing is far-out! Your plate/light mounting is a trip. Interestingly enough, that blade is almost like the one used to make the plate itself. How’s that for a turnabout? :shock:
Now, about those carbs . . . they kinda look naked. I hope you have something picked out for a pair of stacks. Something that can be painted red on the inside and then you can use one for your ashtray (right Skipton?) and the other as a beverage holder! 8)
And on the bells, you stopped short with only two. Replace the choke heaters with two more bells. If you have a quad set-up, and each bell has a different tone, you will be able to play some tunes for us on the rides! :wink: :lol:
Looking forward to seeing it in person!

Latest posts

Back