THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 6/17 mo parts, custom licence plate

the line for a license plate forms behind CCR, I'm next!!!!

OOoooooo!!!! :shock: that plate is cool! beats the heck out of the plastic one i hang from my ride....

so, you selling those? looks like good side ca$h 8) i'd pay for one.

well it is plastic made out of styrene like model car stuff. but what gets me is how scaled down he got it and i know it was a challenge to stuff all those letters in there. i know i probably should have left who made it anonymous because i imagine fireproof now has a billion pms. but he did say that it is not as simple as changing the letters out he started with a computer sketch to finalize the size then the stamping is a custom mold because we are going to do a run of these for the fellow hooligans members. so it is not an easy process and again dude i thank you so so much for the plate.

lol aj did you check out the ad and see the name on the plate of the trike? oops

karfer67 said:
lol aj did you check out the ad and see the name on the plate of the trike? oops

yeah I saw that. it was bound to be a name used by someone else, it's cool. My name fits on two levels though (big basket, and ratty/looks like it needs work), that trike only has a big basket.

if anyone saw your bike before then the name would have really fit. ok enough off topic foo foo stuff i gotta get to gett'in on the bike :mrgreen: i got a set of carbs to mount

anyone else in the mid build blahs? this bike has gone together great and now i am down to the final few things and each one is just fighting me to the end. oh well when in doubt get a bigger hammer right?

karfer67 said:
if anyone saw your bike before then the name would have really fit. ok enough off topic foo foo stuff i gotta get to gett'in on the bike :mrgreen: i got a set of carbs to mount

Be sure to install the gaskets properly or else you'll have air leaks and it wont run right! :lol:

dang it thats why i cant get it to idle!! 8)

karfer67 said:
anyone else in the mid build blahs? this bike has gone together great and now i am down to the final few things and each one is just fighting me to the end. oh well when in doubt get a bigger hammer right?
I keep loosing my backyard :shock: :shock: I should say I cant find it :lol: since our dryer died and had to run a clothes line, the towels might get a little overspray, but it has been a slow build....might actually get some paint down tonight.

yeah mines been pretty slow too. i FINALLY got the spokes in i need for the bike. 30 bucks for 144 spokes an nipples. score! :mrgreen:

Lol exactly karfer.. it all goes wrong.. :roll: ...... (late reply lol WOOPS :oops: )

i LOVE it.. i want the cycle truck from the previous build.. :D

thanks rick i like to think of this bike along the lines of the cycle truck on steroids. i actually got a few things done this weekend but forgot the camera so you will all have to wait hehe

Its a gorgeous bike. :) I love it. Man i wanna build my buildoff bike, i.. im just lazy lol.. I got a 7 tooth rear skiptooth sproket for my build bike.. i think 7.. its SMALL i will be hallin some serious gonads if i change ith ahhaa. I love ur bike and cant wait to see what you've done.

one of the parts of this bike i was having a hard time with was the plate and light mount. i wanted it all to be one unit to keep it simple but i needed something to do that and do the plate that fireproof made me justice. so i dug through my parts and found a really neat old saw blade. whats a rat if it is not a little dangerous after all?

LR017.jpg

LR026.jpg

the tube going from the blade down to the light is part of that broken schwinn frame from last year
LR027.jpg

from this side you can see the two "clamps" that are peices of skip chain i had laying around. however these were welded to the frame so the whole thing would stay put
LR037.jpg

all done for now
now onto the next problem which was the seat. i wanted to use the shovel head but no matter what i did with it the darn thing just looked out of place. it just looked like a shovel sitting on a bike and did not have any sort of flow. so i dug out this beat up brooks, cut the top of the seat tube flush and welded the seat directly to the frame as close to the tire as i could get it
LR032.jpg

LR034.jpg

LR035.jpg

LR033.jpg

NOW onto the tank, manifold and dual carbs. this was a headache and i was putting this off because i knew it would suck to get it on there amd make everything fit right. first i started with the iner structure and yes it is over built but i did not want the whole thing to fall off
LR038.jpg

LR039.jpg

LR040.jpg

LR041.jpg

LR042.jpg

after that was done i had to slide the tank half onto the manifold and blind weld it to the plates. after a few attempts i got it spot welded in place and fitted the tank which amazingly lined right up.
LR044.jpg

LR047.jpg

LR045.jpg

LR050.jpg

LR048.jpg

LR018.jpg

i got some trans red fuel line to make it look like they were more hooked up
then made a center link so that both carbs will work together
LR029.jpg

LR015.jpg

as an off shoot i also mounted the cool front wheel reflector
and here she is so far i feel much better now
LR036.jpg

LR030.jpg

LR024.jpg

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/14 huge update i feel better:)

that looks killer! love everything. the brooks saddle looks a lot better than a shovel. :wink:

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 7/14 huge update i feel better:)

INSANE!

Back