***→ → → The Seminole ← ← ←*** DONE on Friday the 13th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ← 7/2 post-honeymoon updates..

^^^ ooooo, I like that idea. Very nice. Maybe I'll do that tonight (the tape off)

thanks.

Nice progress man!!!
Those tires look great on this bike.
Great stance!!!

My favorite build keeps on getting better! :mrgreen: Congratulations on getting married! :wink:

you guys are too kind.

thank you Nick.

it occurred to me that maybe I should post a picture of the mystery bride. I've mentioned her enough in this thread after all...

we launched 100% biodegradable Japanese lanterns at the end of the night over the Connecticut River with our guests. Here she is having just let go of one:

7489379666_bac2e53b59_b.jpg

Congrats, man! I used to fish the Connecticut, Nautchaug (sp?) and Willimantic rivers many years ago. Looks like you got a better catch than I ever did though. Good luck to ya.

Congrats on your wedding!!!
Live long and prosper!
She is a beautiful bride!!!

Scootbomb said:
Congrats, man! I used to fish the Connecticut, Nautchaug (sp?) and Willimantic rivers many years ago. Looks like you got a better catch than I ever did though. Good luck to ya.

haha!.. thanks man.

Willimantic River? I used to swim in one of it's tributaries I believe, the Hop River. It had a nice swimming hole off of Rte 6 in Columbia where I lived. I graduated from Windham High School btw.

kingfish254 said:
Congrats on your wedding!!!
Live long and prosper!
She is a beautiful bride!!!

thank you sir.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Scootbomb said:

haha!.. thanks man.

Willimantic River? I used to swim in one of it's tributaries I believe, the Hop River. It had a nice swimming hole off of Rte 6 in Columbia where I lived. I graduated from Windham High School btw.
My older brother went to Windham High. We lived in Willi until I was about 12. Came out here in the 80's, but I've still got fam in Columbia and Willimantic.

Scootbomb said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Scootbomb said:

haha!.. thanks man.

My older brother went to Windham High. We lived in Willi until I was about 12. Came out here in the 80's, but I've still got fam in Columbia and Willimantic.

what a small world. I graduated WHS in '82. I lived on Mono Pond in Columbia. In the 6 sided house (septagon?), you've probably seen it.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
.... In the 6 sided house (septagon?), ....

Hexagon

Why yes, I am a know it all dork. Why do you ask?

right. Hexagon. Thanks Skip.

Found this on my desk when I got to work this morning. My friend Bob welded it last night. It's a piece of a stem welded to solid 5/8" bar. I don't have any seat clamps small enough to clamp to the 5/8" bar. This should do it.

7550813674_cb08ffe12d_b.jpg

7550809916_832a2efccd_b.jpg

Thanks Bob! (I think he's made a seatpost for every rat bike I've build so far)

Re: **→ → → The Seminole ← ← ←** 7/11 seat post progress

thatismytruck said:
Cool!!

I love Bob.

Bob is a great guy indeed. I gotta get him a gift certificate for welding supplies. He's always willing to weld stuff up for me.

The seatpost works great. Because it's 5/8", it goes up in between the seat rails, and sort of disappears. I road the bike last night, it's solid, smooth and quiet. Didn't have time to take a picture, because I pulled a "Clancy" and stole 15 minutes in the garage at 11:00 PM with the "garbage excuse".

Cool! 8)

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Didn't have time to take a picture, because I pulled a "Clancy" and stole 15 minutes in the garage at 11:00 PM with the "garbage excuse".

Now thats some funny chit!!! :lol:

Back