█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/20 Logo Light + Floating Nanner

Bigdaddy772 said:
Nanner looks cool but I think the seat with the big springs looks better. Just my 2 cents. Your bike is awesome either way. 8) 8)

Thanks BD,
I had to do some seat clamp work to finally get the big sprng seat to even clamp down tight enough on the post. That is a known issue with these replicas on smaller seatposts. I will check it out both ways.

WHO LIKES THE FLOATING NANNER IDEA???

WP_002402.jpg

Ouch, guess I should wear a cup?

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/21 Pool Ball 7 Kickstand

If I am patient, stuff that I want or need just comes to me via yard sales. I have beed looking for a small drill press for a couple of months now.
Well today, I found this drill press plus everything else you see for only $30.

WP_002403.jpg

Once I got home I put it to use to drill out the flaming HD 7 pool ball.

Started out with this pool ball and corroded kickstand

WP_002406.jpg

Used some redneck engineering to come up with a macinist vise and went to drillin'

WP_002407.jpg

WP_002408.jpg

Also polished up the kickstand. I am pretty plesed with how it turned out.

WP_002409.jpg

WP_002410.jpg

WP_002411.jpg

WP_002412.jpg

WP_002413.jpg

WP_002414.jpg

WP_002415.jpg

WP_002419.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/21 Springer or Nanner

Okay this baby is almost ready to break down for paint and polish.
Still trying to decide on seat, and cramped shop photos just aint helping me decide.

Took the bike to the courtyard and strapped all the goodies on with different seats.

Big Springer seat vs Brooks vs Nanner

WP_002420.jpg

WP_002428.jpg

WP_002432.jpg

WP_002421.jpg

WP_002429.jpg

WP_002433.jpg

WP_002422.jpg

WP_002430.jpg

WP_002434.jpg

Also played around with the floating Spaceliner rack idea.

WP_002425.jpg

WP_002426.jpg

WP_002427.jpg

kingfish254 said:
If I am patient, stuff that I want or need just comes to me via yard sales. I have beed looking for a small drill press for a couple of months now.
Well today, I found this drill press plus everything else you see for only $30.

WP_002408.jpg

Also polished up the kickstand. I am pretty plesed with how it turned out.

WP_002409.jpg

HMMMM...Interesting concept, genius solution.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/21 Seat feedback WANTED???????

Honestly the nanner flows more with the bike the brooks looks out of place to me if she was mine it'd be nanner nanner nanner all the way home

I THINK THE NANNER SEAT WOULD LOOK COOL WITH A SHORT CUSTOM SISSY BAR THAT COMES UP ABOUT SIX INCHES ABOVE THE BACK OF THE NANNER :?:

I would have to go with the spring seat with the floating rack.If only it was black leather it would be just right 8) :mrgreen:

You guys are great!!!! Thanks for all of the excellent feedback and ideas. Can't say that I am any closer to a decision. Nine of you placed your vote and it's a 3 way tie!!! :D :mrgreen:

Thanks bike2112, peatbog, bigdaddy772, justride, locojoe, bigkountry, goldstreetcustoms, kcsocal, and fatboy. I really appreciate you helping me out here.

Each brought up more to think about. Black seat seems to be a theme in your feedback. It's funny a lot of you liked the Brooks, but it initially appealed the least to me. The rack is a Spaceliner rack and it has cool louvers to, I'm just not feeling it with the flow of this build. I like the idea of a short sissy if I do the nanner. It would start at the rear seat hole and come back at an angle. It would not be attached to the frame at all.

If I go with a nanner, maybe this one from the JCP Swinger bike I picked up a few months back, but with a red stripe.

Who knows. I do know that I can't let this hold up progress towards paint and polish. I will continue to meditate on the seat question. This bike needs some color with the chrome and that may very well change the look of the bike. So tomorrow, I am going to start breaking her down and prepping the parts for paint and polish. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

WP_001420.jpg

Peatbog said:
And your garden is sweet. Looks like somewhere you can just sit and relax.

My wife says thanks!!!! Our courtyard is her masterpiece. She has had it in a couple of articles and multiple tours.

She actually hates it when I put a bike out there. But it was great today to do all the mockup and just sit back on the bench and stare at Flexy with a cold beer.

MazdaFlyer said:
[
HMMMM...Interesting concept, genius solution.

MF, thanks for the props. I am pretty pleased with the pool ball kickstand.

It's so funny in a lot of the photos from today, you can't really see the kickstand so much and it looks like I have this random pool ball laying out in my courtyard.

Lookin' good kingfish :!: The headlight looks great.I'm glad you figured out the mounting.Can't wait to see the bike finished 8) 8)

Circa Cycles said:
Lookin' good kingfish :!: The headlight looks great.I'm glad you figured out the mounting.Can't wait to see the bike finished 8) 8)

Thanks CC, neither can I !!!!!!!!! :D

Watched the Fastest Indian last night for inspiration. First time I had seen it since our flight from Christchurch to Sydney a couple of years ago. What an awesome movie!

It was really cool to see my hood ornament being used to pull the Indian to the Salt Flats the first time.

i%2Bhate%2Bmotorcycles.jpg

Peat, I'll just go to the meditaion corner of our garden.....

bbc+002.jpg

I could make one shaped like that with one of my wooden water skis, but there ain't gonna be time for anything like that.
I'm kinda thinking that it would overwhelm the bike though.
Thanks for the idea though. I will store it away when I do make a wooden water ski manta nanner.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/22 Tail Lights????

I got these off of ebay because they were cheap and I thought they might work for this build or a future one. They came in Friday from China.

IMG_0684.jpg

Before I tore down the bike I bolted them onto the dropouts to see what they look like.

WP_002445.jpg

WP_002447.jpg

WP_002449.jpg

WP_002450.jpg

Back