█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex Spaceliner 7/17 Brightwork!!!

not only the coolist of the cool bike (nice front end) but that vice is a thing of wow! a man could do a lot with a vice like that! oh wait you did!!! keep it up man it is WOW cubed!

jats said:
not only the coolist of the cool bike (nice front end) but that vice is a thing of wow! a man could do a lot with a vice like that! oh wait you did!!! keep it up man it is WOW cubed!

Glad you like Flexy. It's fun to finally be able to get to start doing some of the PURDY WORK.

That vise was fun to dress up.

Here it is right after I finished my workshop when I had a TV and counters you could actually see. Now they are completely covered with bike crap. I still have the yard sale wine fridge that I keep my shop beer in though.

163674_186630554696505_1235219_n.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Raised up the new spotlight brackets so that there is about 1/2" clearance from the Eagle and drilled the holes for rivets. I was VERY pleased at how easily the aluminum flatbar polished up.
WP_002368.jpg

WP_002369.jpg

That's looking awesome!
Hope I can come even close to yours with my seat brackets.
Any advice/tricks for bending the flat bar?

MplsCoaster said:
kingfish254 said:
Raised up the new spotlight brackets so that there is about 1/2" clearance from the Eagle and drilled the holes for rivets. I was VERY pleased at how easily the aluminum flatbar polished up.

That's looking awesome!
Hope I can come even close to yours with my seat brackets.
Any advice/tricks for bending the flat bar?

Thanks a lot man.
First find something that has the contouf that you want. I got really lucky that my vise was almost perfect. All I did was bend it over near the jaws and then just continued bending to follow the contour of the vise. Only minor adjustments after that.

Very sweet engineering on the light mounts!!

mitchelangelo said:
Very sweet engineering on the light mounts!!

Thank you sir!! I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I think it will look even better with the contrasting red paint later.

bike2112 said:
Looking sweet King. I'm sticking with the Schwinn fork. May put a crown on it, but dunno.

Thanks M, I figured you were. It is kinda cool to see a mini Raleigh fork though.

Hush hush on the secret weapon! :wink:

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex Spaceliner 7/20 Speedo fitting

Worked on grinding the top and sides of the speedo case to fit in the slingshot stem.

WP_002376.jpg

WP_002375.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex Spaceliner 7/20 Logo Spotlight

GREAT IDEA ON THAT GRINDED SPEEDO!! THANKX :wink: :mrgreen:

Started working on the spotlight tonight.

My 40s-50s spotlight didn't have a lense in it, so I took the front trim ring with me to Walmart a few weeks back and found this pitcher. PERFECT!

WP_001902.jpg

Took the lid off and ground the side down just a little to make it the right diameter

WP_002377.jpg

It has a perfect lense curve to it and I like the grip slots on it.

WP_002381.jpg

WP_002378.jpg

WP_002380.jpg

When I get my logo stickers made I am going to cut out the 7 and FLEX-LINER part and have them floating behind the front lense on a separate piece of plexiglass (or is that Flexi-glass).

WP_002390.jpg

I am going to take advatage of the the strip of lense that bisects the pitcher top grips and have FLEX-LINER lined up through that.

WP_002389.jpg

WP_002388.jpg

Orignally, I thought I would have the red section of the pitcher as my light guts shield and have the logo on it, but it is a little smaller diameter than I want. So I am using the Flexi-glass painted with the same anodized red that the rear and front forks will be painted.

WP_002391.jpg

This is the worklight that I am using for my light source. I still need to mount it up and solder some connections to my light switch.

WP_002387.jpg

Here is an idea of what it will look like.

WP_002385.jpg

Jake Sensi said:
GREAT IDEA ON THAT GRINDED SPEEDO!! THANKX :wink: :mrgreen:

Go for it Jake!!!

Holy smokes, I just crossed 80 pages and 15,000 views!

bike2112 said:
oh wow on that speedo fitting perfectly snuggly in the stem and nice on the light!

Wait until you see the new dial face I have planned for the speedo. It's a hoot.

Peatbog said:
That looks like quite a bit of work on the headlight, but it was worth it. That is cool.

The speedometer fit looks real good too. Looks like it was made to go in there.

Actualy not too much work on it yet. The part I showed tonight was quite simple, but it's been in my brain for quite a while now.

The painted Flexi-glass is drying nicely and the light shines nicely through it.

WP_002396.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex Spaceliner 7/20 Floating Nanner

Okay, this update is brought to you by Southern Tier's Creme Brulee Stout.
This stuff is amazing. More of a desert than a beer. But at 9.6% it is a desert with a punch.
You gotta try it if you can get it.

WP_002394.jpg

Anyway, as I have been contemplating wrapping up everything before breaking down Flexy for paint and polish, tonight I decided to give a nanner seat a try again. I popped it onto the seatpost, then thought of bike2112's Mosbys Raider seat. Popped a metal ruler in there for rear support and this is what I got for a mock up.

What do you think?

WP_002398.jpg

WP_002400.jpg

WP_002401.jpg

WP_002402.jpg

WP_002397.jpg

I think that the seat support on Mike's raider is revolutionary, and typically I wouldn't want to steal an idea within the same build off, but with my rear suspension, it is the only way that I can think of using a nanner and keep the lines of the bike smooth. Bike2112 has already given me his blessing to borrow his idea. Not sure if I will use it or not, but I just had to try it out.

Let me know what you think!!!!!!!

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/20 Logo Light + Floating Nanner

bike2112 said:
Mosby's Raiders approves this message! Looks great King.

Thank you Mr. President!!

LOL!!!

It does seem that way sometimes when people are on at the same time.

Just when I was ready to strip things down I now have something to work out before paint.

If I can find a 12 inch gate hinge, I might be in bitness.

Back