█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlexSpaceliner 6/27 -7 Ball Shifter

yoothgeye said:
Looks good, but could you install a bearing in it and attach it to the shifter handle like a steering knob so that it spins? You could counterweight it so that the 7 always stays upright even after a good spin.

You read my mind about the spinning part, and I like the counter weight idea!!! Thanks.

Yeah B I dig it! Keep going the bikes looking great!

Jake Sensi said:
Yeah B I dig it! Keep going the bikes looking great!

Thanks Jake. Check back later tonight, I have another surprise.

I am really diggin Joan of Axe!!!!

Peatbog said:
The seven ball is cool. Part of the coolness is that it is different that the usual 8 ball. And it is red so it will match the red you might use elsewhere on the bike. And it gives you an extra "1" to use somewhere else should you need it.

Plus it is BO7 and my headbadge is RRB 007 and my kickstand foot will be a 7 ball and I have a Nexus 7 hub and 7 comes after 6 but befre 8, so it's perfect!!!!!

Oh yeah and my build is named Flex-Liner "7". What a coincidence!!!

I have these left over cut off seat springs that I had planned on making a small faux springer on Fugsley (it just looked so ridiculously small on him).
I think I might just dress up the behive with one.

WP_001983.jpg

WP_001984.jpg

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlexLiner 6/27 -54ChevyLightBracket

Started cutting down the wingless eagle from the 54 Chevy hood ornament. Need to make it thinner to keep enough springer tire clearance when I go over a curb.

WP_001974.jpg

Ended up with this spare piece. Have no idea if I can use it, but it looks kinda cool.

WP_001975.jpg

WP_001976.jpg

Here is the mock up of the eagle itself

WP_001977.jpg

WP_001978.jpg

Started thinking about how to make attach a bracket to the eagle that will hold the old 40s-50s police spotlight.

Then I tripped over a Dia-Compe 10 speed brake lever on the floor.

Hey, there was that person that used the bracket from one of these to make a custom mount for something on RRB.

WP_001979.jpg

WP_001980.jpg

Lot off tweaking to do, but it's a start.

WP_001982.jpg

WP_001981.jpg

I forgot about the truss wings, so here is a virtual mock of the eagle truss wings. Bigger and better than his old wings.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better...stronger...faster"

Dah ta ta ta ta............

WP_001982bb.jpg

Are ya ears smoking cuz ya brain is on fire!! Who would have thunk of that but you! Tripping over parts that fit. Well done B! YBJ2B!!!

Oneuglybike said:
All I can say is WOW!! Great ideas and very imaginative!! 8)

Thanks a lot Ug!
To me it's easier to be creative during the BO, because every day you see something cool that another build is doing and it just sparks you to try to go that step beyond.

You have been busy! My build has come to a screeching crawl until I can get the prep for paint done. Another 2 hours sanding last night. But at least once it's done all I got is paint & assembly!

Rg

raggedjim said:
You have been busy! My build has come to a screeching crawl until I can get the prep for paint done. Another 2 hours sanding last night. But at least once it's done all I got is paint & assembly!

Rg

I still have much more work to do before I can think of paint. I want to get everything fitted and operational before I even buy the paint.
I also have a lot of chrome to clean too. Still plenty of time left. :D

bighit said:
I like the ball as well. And great fork idea.

Thanks big, I think the shifter idea change was definitly the right way to go.
I really love the form of that 54 Chevy eagle. I hope I can make the truss wing flow with it good enough.

Jake Sensi said:
Are ya ears smoking cuz ya brain is on fire!! Who would have thunk of that but you! Tripping over parts that fit. Well done B! YBJ2B!!!

FBsmall_Invert.jpg

IBJ2B!!!!!!!

I need to do some thinking on the light bracket piece. I am not sure if it looks right that. Probably just means some trimming. We'll see in the end.

Actually, I think the light bracket needs to flow better with the eagle. Something sleeker, but functional.

WP_001982bb.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceLiner 6/28 Rear Springer Brace

My co-worker that has a welder let me know that he should be able to lay the few welds that I need down this weekend. Basically all I need are the two springer bolt braces welded to the frame.

One is the part that would typically be on the steering tube. I have mine slid around the top of the seat tube. It will be welded about halfway between the seatpost clamp and the top tubes.

The second part is the one that I fabbed out of stainless and it will be welded to frame at the fender brace.
This is a stainless brace from some of my dad's boat junk that I started with. I cut it down to it's basic shape a few weeks back.

WP_001662.jpg

Broke out my trusty yard sale vise and cobbler's anvil and went to hammering. This anvil is so versatile!!!!! It has so many different edges and angles that it can be used. The 90 was already there, but I needed to bend the small lip around so that it would wrap the fender brace. Started with the thick roundish section of the anvil.

WP_001986.jpg

WP_001987.jpg

Then I started using the sharp skinny edges of the anvil to get the tight wrapping started. Then I put it in the vise and squeezed it together a bit.

WP_001989.jpg

Fits pretty well.
WP_001990.jpg

WP_001991.jpg

WP_001993.jpg

Your a true hammer mechanic, nice job.
Kenny

kensmurray said:
Your a true hammer mechanic, nice job.
Kenny

Thanks man! Sometimes it's the right tool for the job. I was pleased with how well it fit. Since the frame is chrome, I want to limit the welding. With this config, I will only need to have the welds on the back side, so they won't be very noticeable.

Peatbog said:
Pretty good hammer work I'd say.

Thanks peat. I was channelling my inner Norse god and dweaming of Bwuunhilda (she's so wuvwy).

wopera.gif

I'm still wacthing and wondering what wacky thing is next :lol:
Great job so far!

Latest posts

Back