☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. MOCK UP WITH FINISHED TRIANGLE

You ever have a time when your brain goes :D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :wink: :roll: :cry: :oops: :p :x :lol: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:i am lost for words,Luke um thinking of building a rocket ship,but i think um going too neeeeeeeeeeeeeed your help,Your a "MASTER"crafts man,THANK YOU.

How does your wife feel when has to give you a kick start.... :?
Will be really interesting to see how well it performs...

Thanks Bean and Primestyle!

Funk, I am hoping that with the 6 speed set up and overall low gearing, it will be easy enough to get going, if not, I am sure my wife Heidi will be up for pushing me around... :lol:

Luke.

That has a wicked stance and is very proportional to the mean fat wheels!

8982968421_3d0dea6e69.jpg

Sweet! you made the right choice keeping the spokes alone , it really match the frame structure , i also thing you should keep that 2 tone thing in the end "color and metal" on the wheels

dude the fact that you have done this while travelling is a plus cool of 11 (cause it goes to 11 man) but that profile and stance is off the charts :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D you are a master :!: :!:

Troy

Looking wild Luke.
This wasn't you when you were young was it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
erectorsets_zps5bcf1dfd.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Looking wild Luke.
This wasn't you when you were young was it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
erectorsets_zps5bcf1dfd.jpg
:lol:

Thanks KingFish, 1HP, Jats, Evalu8r and Uncle Stetch! :D
Uncle Stretch, I may not have had that set, but I had a huge Meccano collection! :mrgreen: Maybe this idea has been simmering in my head since back then? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luke.

Lots of work , but an awesome idea. I doubt that anybody will have the talent
to copy your design. :lol: :lol:

:lol: It is not that hard, just lots of planning and lots more welding! Anyone is welcome to build one similar, like just about all the builders on this site, I am not precious about my ideas, the more the merrier!!! :mrgreen:

Was looking around a hardware store for inspiration this afternoon, and spied this...

8992409129_b588287331.jpg

I wonder what that would look like on the frame? Probably wont do it, but it is interesting to think about...

Luke.

I doubt Heidi will push you around,maybe the other way around :wink:
What color wer you thinkin of? The brass does look cool thou...Ooooow maybe gunmetal grey and the brass...Was thinkin what color are those bridges... :D :D :D

Was going to be Metal flake purple with white wheels, but now leaning towards satin black frame with acid green rims and flames...
Might switch to some sort of brass/copper look yet...

Luke.

WOW that frame looks amazing, and the mockup with the huge wheels ... I cant wait to see it done. I also would like to place my vote for the "satin black frame with acid green rims and flames..." paint :lol: :wink:

LukeTheJoker said:
Was going to be Metal flake purple with white wheels, but now leaning towards satin black frame with acid green rims and flames...
Might switch to some sort of brass/copper look yet...

Luke.
Are you leaning away from the Metal Flake because of all the surfaces you will have to cover?

Thanks ThatGuy!

Draco, that is part of the reason, but the main reason is that I think it will be too much visually. The frame is already so complicated, I think the metal flake might be over the top...
Part of me wants to sandblast it, acid wash, leave it in the rain and then clear it! :shock: But the satin black is what I am feeling at the moment.

Pic for the new page...

8982968421_3d0dea6e69.jpg

Hoping to make progress tomorrow, no guarantees though, health is up and down at the moment...

Luke.

Edit: What do you guys think of charcoal or copper hammerfinish paint for the frame? Would be more bridge looking?

Mmmm interesting color choices, u raised my eyebrow on the metal purple,not sure on the white rims?
Flake Purple and brass rims ? (give that pimp look)
Satin black frame and brass rims or the other way around...?
Likin the sound of the charcoal and hammer finish rims... :D
So many choices...

Latest posts

Back