☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. Progress: DRIVETRAIN PARTS.

Kroozerdave said:
No problems about painting it.
Go the old Aussie style;
1. Find local sheep or cattle dip not being used.
2. Mask up only areas where no paint required.
3. Fill cattledip with desired paint colour.
4. Drive your animal (construction) into one end of cattle dip.
5. Urge the item along the cattle dip.
6. Lead it out of dip along upwards slope.
7. Leave to dry as required.

Optional step 8 paint any contrasting areas with 4 inch paint brush.

After all the major bridges in Brisbane and Sydney never get completely painted one end to another in the same year.

This construction is almost big enough to apply for a government grant as a major regional project.

All of the above is an attempt to appreciate the size of the monster Luke will be dealing with in the form of humour.

:shock: :lol:

You forgot the delousing powder!! this would be easier then setting up all the paint scaffold though :wink:

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. Progress: DRIVETRAIN PARTS.

You know what happens when you cant sleep and end up sitting up half the night on RRB? You start doing digital mock-ups! Well at least I do...

So at 3:45am, I present to you a couple of designs to give me some feedback on if you wouldn't mind...

Option 1:

9230565759_290170274e.jpg

Option 2:

9230565575_15e5e2b0e5.jpg

There are a few things left out of the mock-ups to be surprises later on (if they work!) but you get the idea...

Luke.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. MOCK-UP OPINIONS? Page 30.

I like Option 1 with the raised apes.

#2 low and laid back apes!!

Troy

Well the handlebar selection issue solved itself really... Took the bike for a ride (a roll really) today with some quickly mocked raised apes and it is quickly apparent that even them in their position was not high or back far enough to allow me to pedal without folding me into a pretzel... So there will be a combination of the two ideas and longer than both!

9239025336_16d5d854bf_q.jpg

The bike rides surprisingly well! Far better than I thought it would, it does take some getting used to I admit, but after a few corners it can be ridden smooth and easily...

Luke.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. ROLLIN, ROLLIN, ROLLIN: VIDEO!

Got a video of my brother rolling down a slight hill on the bike and doing a U-turn at the bottom, it is his first ride and first attempt and it comes out pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsLrLW9 ... e=youtu.be

Luke.

Great video 8)

Looks very nimble....only supersized!

:mrgreen:

HOLY MONKEY! That beast is GIGANTIC!! Wow bud that really is coming along amazingly!

:shock: :shock:
Super cool beefy steamroller!!!!
After sharing this long trip with you, it's awesome to see the video to really get the scale and coolness of this bike in perspective.
Keep it going buddy!!!

Amazing:) i would have never guessed it would roll and respond that well! Nice job!

Rich

Thanks guys!

Good news....

Drumroll please...

Brake disc and calliper arrived!!! :D

Placed it with a standard mountain bike disc and one of the big sprockets for size reference...

9240562406_82b7fe59b3.jpg

No more hold-ups hopefully! :mrgreen:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Got a video of my brother rolling down a slight hill on the bike and doing a U-turn at the bottom, it is his first ride and first attempt and it comes out pretty good!

Luke.

I didn't catch it the first time, but after seeing the "Rollin, Rollin, Rollin" title again, it reminded me of this scene and song from Jake and Elwood Blues.
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs

LukeTheJoker said:

Luke.

Cool build just keeps getting cooler.

And you're traveling?!!??

Back