☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really feelin' that springer on your Elgin. I don't want you to be embarrassed riding around with the looks of it. I think you need to take it off, send it to me and let me embarrass myself with that contraption on my Elgin. Just looking out for ya!!
This is what I like about this site. Every one looking out for each other like family.

I love the bars, but personally I'm torn whether they go with this build. I don't think they "flow" well with the Curvyness of the frame, but they do accentuate the Pointy grooviness of the springer. Eh I don't know, But I do like them...
Good build so far.

Thanks for the feedback. They are a mix of curvy and pointy which works well for me against the curves and points of the frame and fork. I have been noodling on them for a couple of days and the fun of them trumps. They just feel right when I sit on the bike.

I don't know how I missed this build, I have it on my watch list and never got an update.....Holy cow this is gonna be an incredible build.

Um... not sold on those bars. But if you do use them, you usually have a way of pulling everything together, so I'll wait and see.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I think it will all flow together better when I am done. Still early in the build.
Actually when you said that you might be rethinking your bars, I thought that bars that have a arch like this might look great on your build. Feel free to tell me what you think as I move along down the road.

I got these wicked Razor bars from an old friend at Flying Machine Bikes. I know they are insane and not everyone is gonna like them, but I dig them.

View attachment 10312
View attachment 10316
View attachment 10314 View attachment 10315
I got these wicked Razor bars from an old friend at Flying Machine Bikes. I know they are insane and not everyone is gonna like them, but I dig them.

View attachment 10312
View attachment 10316
View attachment 10314 View attachment 10315
Those bars emulate every part of this build. It's that "swept back, then jut forward" look that goes from the rear dropouts to the BB shroud to the fork "crown" to the stem and finally up to the bars. In fact, I'm not sure they would look right on any build, other than this one.:D

View attachment 10312

They are very cool bars indeed, but I have to agree with Deven. To me, they just look a bit too big. Maybe they don't look that way in real life as opposed to a photo. But you do have the knack of pulling things together, so I'll keep watching. Perhaps they'll grow on me... so to speak o_O

Glen.

Im not a huge fan of the bars alone, but I think they look good with this build. They compliment the frame and fork. It all looks futuristic. I say keep em! :thumbsup:

Im not a huge fan of the bars alone, but I think they look good with this build. They compliment the frame and fork. It all looks futuristic. I say keep em! :thumbsup:
Kind of funny, I'm exactly the opposite. I liked the bars alone, but not as much on the bike. I think it is mainly the scale. They are much bigger on the bike than I expected. The points however could prove to be useful while riding through crowds of tourists.:21: As always, build it to please yourself!

Kind of funny, I'm exactly the opposite. I liked the bars alone, but not as much on the bike. I think it is mainly the scale. They are much bigger on the bike than I expected. The points however could prove to be useful while riding through crowds of tourists.:21: As always, build it to please yourself!
Yes, they would come in handy for clearing those pesky St. Paddy's Day crowds! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not caring for the pointy bars at all, too over the top. To me they are out of scale for the bike, they over power the Evans fork as does the stem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional thoughts guys. Haven't had any bike time lately. Still noodling on stuff though.

When the frame was still at my office, I mocked up this tank front end that I got from @gaskill a while back.
WP_20150504_10_32_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20150504_10_33_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20150504_10_33_15_Pro.jpg

Well, the Elgin headtube shroud came in today and I had the idea of marrying the two items together. First glance looks like dimensionally the can be made to fit pretty well (obviously no cutting will occur to the shroud!!!!). I'll play around with it and fill in the rest of the missing front of the shroud too.
WP_20150515_14_32_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20150515_14_33_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20150515_14_34_20_Pro.jpg
WP_20150515_14_34_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20150515_14_35_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20150515_14_32_00_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back