(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕩𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hands hurt! But the hard part of making the seat top is done. Gotta do some maths (my least favorite subject) on the side panels, cut and trim the foam, then do final assembly on the seat
IMG_20230508_132745346.jpg
IMG_20230508_132800331.jpg
IMG_20230508_132811550.jpg

Just noticed a few things about my bike. I'm using diamond plate for the seat pan, a diamond padded pattern on the seat top, and using square tube on a diamond profile for the frame. And I want to paint it brown. Kinda leaning towards calling it "Diamond in the Rough", but I don't know. Seems kinda hokey.

Just noticed a few things about my bike. I'm using diamond plate for the seat pan, a diamond padded pattern on the seat top, and using square tube on a diamond profile for the frame. And I want to paint it brown. Kinda leaning towards calling it "Diamond in the Rough", but I don't know. Seems kinda hokey.
Hokey bike names on RRB!?! Never! 😲
My names, and everyone else’s are totally serious!
🤣

I 'dig' it

The way I see it, I only have one or two options to keep the leathers as is. Option one is to directly attach the leather to the wood frame and hope the seat springs allow enough cushion to make it some kind of comfortable. Option two is to find some kind of thin, super high density foam to replace the padding I've already glued down. I'm kind of thinking yoga mat or foam rubber floor mats for young kids.

The way I see it, I only have one or two options to keep the leathers as is. Option one is to directly attach the leather to the wood frame and hope the seat springs allow enough cushion to make it some kind of comfortable. Option two is to find some kind of thin, super high density foam to replace the padding I've already glued down. I'm kind of thinking yoga mat or foam rubber floor mats for young kids.
One possibility is to use cheap flip flops (a little cushy, decent durometer rating, and will last quite a while), however they may not be available in your area. You can PM me but I will be finishing up my last travel leg from Charleston to G'ville....

Latest posts

Back