πŸπŸ—πŸ‘πŸ• π”π§πœπ₯𝐞 π’π­π«πžπ­πœπ‘ 𝐂𝐨π₯𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐗𝐋𝐖𝐁 - BO17 Build Journal - Finished in 3rd Place - 1937 Uncle Stretch Colson XLWB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also bent the US to fit the badge, painted it slate blue and tested it in place for the Uncle Stretch headbadge

20220902_153140.jpg
20220902_162251.jpg
20220902_162257.jpg

Laid out a pattern on the tank that is somewhat similar to the Columbia pattern that was on it. Now I need to cut the negative of this out of foil tape after we get back from dinner. Then I repeat the reverse of it on the left tank half.

1662155152368.png
1662155197439.png

Yes it can
Stopped by the Dollar Store to get more sandpaper (don't need it, but figured I would stock up since I liked it). I was wrong about the number of sheets, they are actually 25 sheets per pack, so 4 cents a sheet. )
Saw these LED headband lights that had a flashing feature. I am extremely impressed with the quality of these. Can't believe they were just a buck. Put 3 AAAs in there and they are super bright.

View attachment 207423View attachment 207424

I want to have red flashing lights inside of my pipes to act as taillights. I thought about wiring up a battery pack and such, but then I had a simpler idea. What if I simply have it so that I pull them out to turn them on/off and that way I can just use regular lights without any extra wiring. Well you can see that these lights are white light. So I pulled out my trusty red report binder to test the idea of making them red. It worked awesome as a rough test. I'll dress up the solution.

View attachment 207426
I knew it would look cool. Well my kid knew I had to agree.

I don't have a fancy Cricut machine, so I made do with my "Bri"-cut machine to cut out the negative.

20220902_203631.jpg
20220902_203941.jpg
20220902_205139.jpg

Last edited:
Just a tip if you ever have a puzzle of pieces like this. Make an X at each join. It REALLY helps with reallignment

20220902_211602.jpg

Another tip when using foil tape. It really wants to coil up on itself as you peel the backing off. I almost always remove the backing and first lightly apply the tape to my stomach.

20220902_211955.jpg

That puzzle honestly went together easier than I expected. One tank half is ready to rub like a genie lamp tomorrow. Chalk one up for Team BRI-Cut!!!

20220902_212540.jpg
20220902_212733.jpg

Are you planning to reveal the Columbia logo when you rub it down?

I considered it, but not really. This bike is a Colson stretch, so I wasn't feeling the Columbia script. My rubbing skill isn't extremely precise yet, so it wouldn't surprise me if I may get down to the white of the Columbia graphics here and there. We'll see how I do on my second rat rub.

One of my favorite Zappa songs. While sightseeing in Vilnius, Lithuania 10 years ago, we found this in a local park.
Watch out where the huskies go,,,,,Don't you eat that yellow snow..

1662173247644.png

They also had this monument to him in the park.

1662173498985.png

That got me just about as evil as an eskimo boy can be
So I bent down, and I reached down, and I scooped down and I gathered up a generous mitten-full of the deadly (yellow snow)
The deadly yellow snow, from right there where the huskies go!
Whereupon I proceeded to take that mittenful of the deadly yellow snow crystals and rub it all into his beady little eyes with a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology, here it goes now, the circular motion: rub It!

That got me just about as evil as an eskimo boy can be
So I bent down, and I reached down, and I scooped down and I gathered up a generous mitten-full of the deadly (yellow snow)
The deadly yellow snow, from right there where the huskies go!
Whereupon I proceeded to take that mittenful of the deadly yellow snow crystals and rub it all into his beady little eyes with a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology, here it goes now, the circular motion: rub It!

You guessed my secret rat rub. The "vinegar" is actually deadly yellow snow crystals since they are perfect for rubbing in a vigorous motion hitherto unknown to the members of RRB.

Finished getting the left tank template ready to vigorously rub the deadly yellow snow crystals into it tomorrow.

20220902_232621.jpg
20220903_001215.jpg

Back