🏁 LE MIRAGE - An update.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back light option.
193.jpg

I don't mind mixing old and new tech - the Garmin is a good speedometer.
The bike feels faster than it is - or I'm slower than I was. But it's good to know and it's good to ride.

194.jpg

186.jpg

190.jpg

Those blue Kool Stop pads are, well, kool! I have the long salmon version on my '71 Schwinn skinny single speed. They offer good braking, are the blues a softer durometer as well?

Dig the seat lacing!

Those blue Kool Stop pads are, well, kool! I have the long salmon version on my '71 Schwinn skinny single speed. They offer good braking, are the blues a softer durometer as well?

Dig the seat lacing!
Not sure - I thought the salmons are the softer in general - but I think it's model not colour that determines - but these 'Continentals' are recommended for Skyway Tuffs - so one assumes softer compound - they work OK with the polished rims and older callipers here - no squeal at all. It can lock up the rear with the front lever - but not with the suicides.

I have some Blue Kool Stop thin lines on the front of the Pug now - till the continentals get here - both of these pad sets were tried out on the STR at some stage. Same with the cable boots.

shed2000px.jpg

I dig vintage road bikes and you did a fantastic job of bringing this one back to life. Very good looking bike, very functional, the perfect recipe. All the white accenting is excellent. I love those cranks and the laced Brooks. Very cool!!

What a beautiful excellent build! Great attention to detail.

I bought some better quality classic lights and it was all finished - job done - and then I broke a toe clip as I was heading out to take final pics.
I have ordered some new ones - extra large for size 12-plus - and a set of strapless clips too - so that will be better - but they won't be here till Monday. I've taped it up meantime.

cliip.jpg

I have started collecting other imagery though. I really like the new lights - much more elegant.

aa.jpg

B&As:
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

monatge.jpg

Should be right to post finished on Tuesday.

Build finished but I fitted the replacement toe clips today (one broke).
I went with a 'half clip' and it's much better and safer with no straps - but it still keeps my size 14s from hitting the front wheel.
A good fix.
I did get a set of strap-types as well - but I'll keep them for Le Tour :)
IMG_8357.png

IMG_8354.jpg

Build finished but I fitted the replacement toe clips today (one broke).
I went with a 'half clip' and it's much better and safer with no straps - but it still keeps my size 14s from hitting the front wheel.
A good fix.
I did get a set of strap-types as well - but I'll keep them for Le Tour :)
View attachment 241526
View attachment 241527
Noticed what looks like a small cut in the bottom strap about an inch from the buckle, a concern in a ‘NOS’ 🤒 part .

Noticed what looks like a small cut in the bottom strap about an inch from the buckle, a concern in a ‘NOS’ 🤒 part .
Cheers, but those straps have done a couple hundred kilometres already and I‘ve dragged them on the ground a few times. They were good when they came out of the packet a few months ago.

It’s only the clips that are new.

Back