Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, it always puts a smile on my face seeing someone putting forth an effort to retain all those years of patina instead of just sandblasting and repainting. And I think the basket's a good fit.

I'm really hoping to make this a rider before Saturday. I'd like to take it to the beach with me so I can get some real riding time in. That usually helps me figure out what I do or don't need to do going forward.

955e42e3c31909dea7d0fe6de928276d.jpg
The basket makes more sense now. Gotta have a way to haul beach supplies! Have fun.

Well the bike is a rider now. Took my first joyride before I put in in the trailer. Sorry for the crappy garage pic, next time you'll see this bike it will be in sunny Florida. I should get plenty of good pictures.

Bike still isn't "done".

Need to track down the truss rods and a few more final touches.

The drop stand is just a temp until the @KEMPRACING stand comes in.

1b1283cd96fc93b0f79f133d9b4f70d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe that got this much work done before I even got home with my trade bike. Looks awesome! Have fun at the beach!

Can't believe that got this much work done before I even got home with my trade bike. Looks awesome! Have fun at the beach!

Thanks! Luckily it was already so complete and I had everything that it needed to get it rolling.

All my free time went into this bike this week just so I could have it ridable before the beach trip!

That's a super nice bike!
Exactly what I would do if it was mine...
I've got a few pairs of those white wall Royal Chains, I'm never sure which builds to use them on. Usually go with black old stock tires at the last minute...

That's a super nice bike!
Exactly what I would do if it was mine...
I've got a few pairs of those white wall Royal Chains, I'm never sure which builds to use them on. Usually go with black old stock tires at the last minute...

I'd normally go with blackballs. I actually tried some prewar us royal blackballs but they were a blowout waiting to happen. John's repop chains are some of the best repops that exist.

Good thing rELEVENt setback isn't valuable, I'm taking it to the beach in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice !!! :rockout: if you could age the white walls it would be even better
Yeah, I'll let them naturally "age" this week while I'm riding then add some extra "age" when I get back home. The tires definitely need to been more cream and less white.

I had success using liquid shoe polish when I needed to "age" some NOS pedal blocks on Firewing.

Back