1961 Corvette value ? (updated)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it looks like we have a case of photoshop selling the bike. He got the nice angle in the shot he sent you then some slight contrast adjustments to make it pop and look nicer. If the Brooks came on it, I'd go 200$ no problem; but since not, I'd myself would pass.

I had a Coppertone '63 which I never came to a conclusion to regarding the paint. It looked good for the most part but had uneven spots so maybe Schwinn just hadn't gotten the metallics perfected that first year. From your pictures it looks most likely original than his first 'shopped picture leads on.

Jpromo said:
From your pictures it looks most likely original than his first 'shopped picture leads on.

That darn photoshop! That's why all those girls on the internet look good too. :? Gary

"Yeah, it looks like we have a case of photoshop selling the bike. He got the nice angle in the shot he sent you then some slight contrast adjustments to make it pop and look nicer."

I think your right on...The bike looked no where near as nice in person as it did in the first pic! It was disappointing no doubt but im glad I passed... The bike did "pop" in the first pic but NO "pop" when I saw it in person :lol: I guess you have to be a bit leary when the seller only sends you one pic, at a "forgiving" angle....

that'd be ~$200 bike here (even without the brooks) here.

I sold this 62 last year for $280...

corvette.jpg

With everything that you now know about it from folks on rrb and seeing it in person I would point all that out to him even show him stuff that's on here(there's a page somewhere on here that has all the years and their pertaining serial #s)& talk him down to less than $200. Good luck.

I'd be "meh" at $200. Also, I was wrong on the seat tube decal, I took the time to look at the 63 brochures and sure enough, they changed to that style decal in 63 for the Jag and Vette. But still, I only paid $2.50 for my '56 Vette. Granted, that was in 1980. :mrgreen: -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
I'd be "meh" at $200. Also, I was wrong on the seat tube decal, I took the time to look at the 63 brochures and sure enough, they changed to that style decal in 63 for the Jag and Vette. But still, I only paid $2.50 for my '56 Vette. Granted, that was in 1980. :mrgreen: -Adam

I still get deals like that, I paid $5 for my Hawthorne twin bar, $8 for my boy's American and girl's Wasp, $10 for my fiance's Hollywood, $5 for the Fuji road bike I traded for my Heavy Duty, $10 for the skate-bike I traded for my other girl's American, $5 on the girl's Schwinn cruiser I'm parting out, probably $5-$10 each on more than 100 Schwinn road bikes I have fixed up and flipped over the last few years for $100-$150 each, There's really only two bikes I have paid $20 or more for in the last 3-4 years and that was my Peugeot folding bike ($20) Kinda an impulse buy but it's got drum brakes and 22" tires so I thought it was unique and worth it, and my Spaceliner frame/ fork I paid $25 for but it is an awesome frame and it helped out a friend who needed some cash.

On the Schwinn Corvette in question I think $150 would be a fair offer but I'd go 175 if needed. $200 I'd be on the fence about it.

Back