1st Bike Restoration (Paint)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Kinda new to the forum. I have done some bolt-on changes to some of my bike and other minor stuff, but I have never really had to deal with a rusty old bike before. I picked up a coold old Roadmaster off of black crown. Its not in really bad shape, but its not too great. Anyway... What I'd like to do is get the frame/tank/wheels repainted, and then wire-wheel or sandblast the rest of the components (springer, sprocket, stem , crank, ext). What I'm wondering, is there a way to get them down to bare metal and then keep it nice and disallow it to start rusting again. Like Would I have paint or chrome those components, or can I just kinda sand, polish, and clear coat them. Thank you

image_1.jpeg

ok, now here is my second question. I'd like to keep the tank green/white and the tires green as well. What colors could I paint the frame? What color's would go well with that green? I'v been playing around on my "paint" program with it and I can not find that color that really makes it pop. Thanx

You could have it powdercoated. I've had my Columbia done and it looks brand new. I paid 100 and had my frame rack fork done in red. He sandblasted it all beforehand. I can give you his information if you like and he's not far from us in Pittsburgh.

That would be awesome man I've been looking for someone. I'd love to powder coat it

Thank you dude. Im looking to get 2 pairs of wheels, a frame, and crank, sprocket, stem, and seat post done. How much u think it'l be?

Not sure exactly best to give him a call. I may see him at the custom car show tomorrow if so ill ask for a rough idea on price.

Hello,

I am about to get this thing powdered next week. Iv been thinking about what color to paint the frame to accent the white/green tank and tires. It now has a brown leather seat. The best answer so far I thought was painting it an off white (same as tank/light) and putting in some green accenting. Anyone have any last minute opinions? Is white frame too much if the tank and headlight are white? Im not that good with colors and matching. Thank you

Back