24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really thinking about getting one to use on the next project I do whenever that starts. 26 one of these on the back 24 skinny on the front... sounds like a winner.

Rat Rod said:
How well do they corner on a bike?
My limited experience with them (I've only tried a couple of test rides with no seat) shows that the shoulders are soft enough to flex when you corner, so you don't feel like you're fighting a square tire. I don't know how they are at high speeds and steep lean angles, but if it's a cruiser to run around the neighborhood, they're pretty nice.

This post deserves a sticky! :shock: 8) :shock:

Looks like I won't have to do a mold.

These are almost what the doctor ordered.

So close, I'm going to try to get a set.

Ok...I see that many only use these as the rear wheel....sooooooo I can do $30 for (1) Tire, (1) Tube and shipping included. That is a great deal for only getting ONE tire (I like everything in pairs I guess).

Not sure how long I can make this last, so if you are interested then give me a call soon! 319-234-6195

Also, I am looking into what it would take for me to get these in whitewalls for those who have requested. I can't promise anything, but I will try my best for those interested.

Thanks for the great posts!

Tim

Work prevented me from calling today. I called at 5:50 just to give it a shot.

I'll call tomorrow and Monday, I guess.

gowjobs said:
I don't know how they are at high speeds and steep lean angles, but if it's a cruiser to run around the neighborhood, they're pretty nice.

Their made for racing around an oval track, I would think they ride pretty well at (bicycle) high speeds. The lean factor may come into play but I doubt it would be noticable to most riders. On trikes they should feel right at home.

kram said:
That's awesome! I'm a big fan of the tires.

DSC04953.jpg

I remember seeing this bike on CL. It gave me the inspiration for my build. What is the front that you've got on there?

Just wish I had the cash to spare for one of these slicks. I did add Jerald Sulky to my bookmarks for when I do have the cash.

I made a phone call today and left my name and card info.

So I guess that's an order. :)

I just got off the phone with Tim (Head Honcho at Sulky). I was calling to verify my order and we fell into a more or less single sided conversation (He was nice, but I talk alot). Anyway, He was very interested and excited about the unintentional niche following these tires have and he expressed to me that he , himself, has been bitten by the Rat Rod bug.

When I apologized for talking too much, he just said he was basically learning and that he plans to be doing his own Rat Rod bicycle build.

He also said he was still looking into getting these things in a white wall version for you white wall guys out there.

I have really enjoyed the conversations I have had with everyone who has called in on this deal as well as reading all of the posts on here. I've enjoyed them so much that I can certainly see a Rat Rod bike build in my future.

OK...so now to the good stuff.... :mrgreen:

I CAN get whitewalls made, but it is going to take some work from me as well as all of you. What I would like is some idea of who on here would truly be interested in purchasing them. I may set up a pre-order program to get a better head count.

Unfortunately they will be more expensive then the current tires due to tooling/quantity requirements, but I don't have those details yet.

So if you might be in for 1, 2 or 12 of these beauties please shoot me a message on here and let me know.

Thanks!
Tim

That's good news Tim...pre-ordering is the safest way to go.

It would be helpful for the folks here to know what kind of quantity it is that you are looking at to be able to place an order.

If they know how many have to be ordered, more folks will be apt to step up and order a few for the cause. :wink:

Back