4/22/12 Midwest Bicycle swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ndaway said:
I have no idea what to price so I will put a sign on my table that says all prices o.b.o. also have some stuff for the free pile 8)

I'll pass on what a wise old man once told me...
"as far as pricing... keep in mind you can always come down, but never go up. If its stuff you absolutely want to get rid of... make it known that you WILL NOT take it home, i.e. the price drops thru the day until its sold."

Lol, the wise old man also says, if you cant sell it, put it in the freebie pile!

If you have any crazy markdown plans.... let me or Bill know and we can always announce them over the PA to help you get em sold. :wink:

Come on down to Loco Joe's crazy bike sale!!!

Seems I usually bring home about 25% of my stuff, give away 25%, sell 25% for less than I think it worth just to move it out, sell 23% for fair market price, and the last 2% I get my crazy high "break my heart" price. I don't know if I can read the market, I just throw numbers on stuff and come down until either it sells or I reach my bottom dollar.

started gathering things up :D
096.jpg
097.jpg
098.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
I have been asked to combine forces with a collector with 40 years in the hobby. The Rent-a-Truck has been reserved and a plan formulated. The South Derby Bicycle Super Powers have combined. *evil laughter

Oh Boy.... Rent-a-truck! Here comes the goodies!!!!

You and Al I assume ?

It looks like we will have about 7 guys coming down from Kansas City for the swap and the Sat night ride. Sorry no pictures yet, gona start packing the trailer tomorrow, but you can count on plenty of project bikes, a couple rat rods, and few nice bikes, also lots of parts & tires (more styles than last year). Plus the weather looks great, at least better than last weekend! Looking forward.

10~18 Kustoms said:
It looks like we will have about 7 guys coming down from Kansas City for the swap and the Sat night ride. Sorry no pictures yet, gona start packing the trailer tomorrow, but you can count on plenty of project bikes, a couple rat rods, and few nice bikes, also lots of parts & tires (more styles than last year). Plus the weather looks great, at least better than last weekend! Looking forward.
Is Jon feeling ok this year? :roll:

Ratfink1962 said:

You and Al I assume ?

Yup, he needed a driver and I was happy to help. I have 5 or 6 complete bikes and Al will probably have as many if not more. Not to mention the countless parts bins in both our shops that we will be bringing.

udallcustombikes said:
Ratfink1962 said:

You and Al I assume ?

Yup, he needed a driver and I was happy to help. I have 5 or 6 complete bikes and Al will probably have as many if not more. Not to mention the countless parts bins in both our shops that we will be bringing.

Thats awesome! I was hoping Al would participate this year. Really cool that you are helping him out. 8)

Dangratsdans Bargain Van is loaded up and ready to go.
The prices are right and the deals can't be beat.
Schwinns, Roadmasters, Evans, B.F. Goodrich, and more. Crusiers, choppers, mountain, light weights and road bikes and parts.
Did I say parts? Yes I did. There will be frames, wheels, pedals, chainguards, fenders, seats, and more.
There will be lots of COOL lights for Rat bikes, and of course those bike tags with your name on them.
BARGAINS, BARGAINS,BARGAINS.
26", 24", 20", and 16".
Did I say there were some BARGAINS.
Some of the deals are so good, that if you touch the bike you just might have to take it home, FREE.
Dangratsdans must be CRAZY, he is selling a pair of his and hers SPACELINERS for NOT $500, NOT $300, NOT even for $100, HE IS CRAZY, he is sell the PAIR for $40. No thats not a miss prnt, thats $40. note: these Spacelincers are in need of a little TLC,.... OK a LOT of TLC.
Where do you find all these BARGAINS, you ask? Look for Dangratsdan in the white van over in his normal spot .... you know..... over by the crapper, the most popular spot at the swapmeet.
SEE YOU THERE!

Latest posts

Back