4/22/12 Midwest Bicycle swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jon said:
i'm looking for a dogleg crank arm?.....not schwinn! trying to help a friend fix his bike. thanks if you have one.

I have one with some patina as well... I will bring it with me...

I really waited too late to get started. Haven't felt worth a crap so I couldn't get motivated to move till yesterday. Slowly making progress.
Shuffled some bikes, tore some down, swapped some parts and hauled some things around today. Nap time now.

BTW I can't buy any of your stuff unless you first buy mine... or give me a line of credit :lol:

IMG_2607.JPG

Jon, check yer Facebook.

Randy... got an idea.... how about we sell off your storage unit like they do on that Storage Wars show, High bid takes it all!!! and the only things you have to move, are the Keepers. :mrgreen:

Got a small load put together... a few goodies but mostly just junk Ive been tripping over. :roll:

Like I said before... I gotta make my deals when I can... Because I wont have much time the day of the swap.

I also have plenty to sell, but wont have time for that either.... Tim offered to help, but I cant put that on someone, thats a lotta work!

Hey you could have a pre swapmeet ride garage sale :roll: :mrgreen:

Ratfink1962 said:
Jon, check yer Facebook.

Randy... got an idea.... how about we sell off your storage unit like they do on that Storage Wars show, High bid takes it all!!! and the only things you have to move, are the Keepers. :mrgreen:

Got a small load put together... a few goodies but mostly just junk Ive been tripping over. :roll:
If I was to get the prices they do on Storage Wars I'd open my shed and let the bidding wars commence. Only things I'd keep are the tandem trike, my moped and my fiance's Hollywood.

65rat said:
Like I said before... I gotta make my deals when I can... Because I wont have much time the day of the swap.

I also have plenty to sell, but wont have time for that either.... Tim offered to help, but I cant put that on someone, thats a lotta work!

Hey you could have a pre swapmeet ride garage sale :roll: :mrgreen:

HA... yeah thats a possibility, I could just open the back of the truck and let the vultures pick it over!! :lol:

Ratfink1962 said:

That would be interesting. Winner might be disappointed though.

I've made progress. All the keepers are home now.

I think I'll have 10 or 11 complete bikes, 1frame/fork and a few parts. Out of all this I can only think of a couple things that might be of interest to this bunch.

Seven of us (that I know of) will be head'in your way outta K.C. for the swap this weekend...with 2 trucks and a trailer..."southbond &
down...loaded up & truck'in!"...coming in Saturday afternoon...see you there...P 8)

Pappy said:
Seven of us (that I know of) will be head'in your way outta K.C. for the swap this weekend...with 2 trucks and a trailer..."southbond &
down...loaded up & truck'in!"...coming in Saturday afternoon...see you there...P 8)

Bringin down the good stuff! :mrgreen:

Im not sure, but I believe this year is gonna test the capacity for sure.

I have a backup plan for this year in case it blows up ... which would be expanding into the south parking lot.

I would hate to turn anyone away, and Im pretty sure we can accomodate everyone, but we may not be able to spread out as much as in the past. I still dont want to measure out 10' x 10' spaces though.

aa524149.jpg

a4b6ad34.jpg

111113e7.jpg

Loading up a few things...

Hope it not too late to throw my hat in the ring. I just found out that I will not be working on Sunday! I got a small truckload of things to sell. If not, I will still be able to come and look/ possibly buy something. Looking for a Krate front wheel with drum brake. If ya got one let me know.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDQtMjAxMjA0MjAtMTczNy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDUtMjAxMjA0MjAtMTczNy5qcGc.jpg

Me too brother! gonna bring the whole crew. (my buddy and our sons) been gathering parts all afternoon.

Back