56T: Finished (with new pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished!!

Thanks Luke and Dr T. You guys were so right! I wanted to use the super comfortable seat, but the 4 rail frame wouldn't let me mount it that way. So I switched back to the original springer seat, mounted it in a spare mountain bike seat post and "massaged" the front two rails form 3/4" to 7/8" to fit low on the black ops post. Got a new seat post clamp and mount upside down, as suggested, and it looks better and still rides nice. :)

It took another day and a half to paint the chain guard dark green to blend in with the frame lines. The tank accent lines took 4 coats to cover with each one having to completely dry first!

Got up early yesterday morning to put a coat on before I rode with my Wife as she ran the Minnesota Half Marathon (13.6 miles) and raised over a $1000 for clean water for kids. I so proud of you Honey!!
IMG_0251.jpg

Well I like the way it turned out and most of the ideas I had worked okay:
-Bug Eye Headlights
-56 Chev-like "hoodie"
-1 lb laid back seat post with springer seat
-Fat Typhoon fenders on a Murray frame with a euro style fork (that would accept the fat fender)
-Two Tone paint Paint scheme like my Dad's 56 Chev
-not stripped down like my other bikes LOL

Started with this Hiawatha
IMG_2109II.jpg

Was working towards like
56Chev.jpg

Here's how it came out
IMG_0255.jpg

So here is a few more completed garage sunshine shots and I'll start my finished thread now. See you on the finished line
IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

And now I've got a true cruiser to ride at the same pace as FIL ;)
Thanks for looking and for all the support during the build, you guys are awesome!
Steve

I am not usually one for shinny and new looking but you did a nice job. I like how you extended the dark color onto the back end of the chain guard.

Latest posts

Back