'77 Sunset Strip - 1977 Schwinn Sting-Ray Refresh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out really nice!
Has a real ‘70s hot rod look to it. The lettering on the tires turned out nice as did the seat.

Now, you’d better go ride it before it snows again!

Cheers buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That turned out really nice!
Has a real ‘70s hot rod look to it. The lettering on the tires turned out nice as did the seat.

Now, you’d better go ride it before it snows again!

Cheers buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Doc! This will be a fun 'pit bike' to ride at car shows and bike swaps, etc. It can be ridden by 'kids' of all ages and sizes. Iconic.

Really well done... congratulations. :113:

Are you the first to finish? o_O

Glen.

If I was, it would'nt be the first, first time. :bigsmile:

OddJob speed. Mostly based on opportunity and furtuity.

If I was, it would'nt be the first, first time. :bigsmile:

OddJob speed. Mostly based on opportunity and furtuity.

So are you going to sit back and relax with you feet up and watch the rest of us slowly plod along, or are you planning to build a bike a month during this build off? o_O

Glen.

Haha! Actually, I rode it over to the music store that I repair instruments for to show it off. Found out my colleague there has his childhood stingray and he said he might like to have me work with him on 'refreshing it'. And another buddy plans to work on his late '70s stingray this winter after he retires. So, I will likely do some consulting on that one.

Beautiful :heart:

That turned out really nice, its fun to see a rehab instead of a full resto, every scratch was earned.

If I jump in on this, orange is where Im going, already have the paint.

That turned out really nice, its fun to see a rehab instead of a full resto, every scratch was earned.

If I jump in on this, orange is where Im going, already have the paint.
Hope you do jump in Indy! And yes, I like the 'earned' patina as you say. With a good cleaning, and some auto wax, the paint really came to life on this one.

Latest posts

Back