__-~^^~-__ BERKSHIRE __-~^^~-__

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't regret the gloss clear. That's what I used on my bike. It really enhances the patina!

Cool Nick. That is what I was thinking. It is coming out nice. But when it's all together that's when I'll know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

py2e5ahe.jpg
Chainguard looks good!

Luke.

Thanks Luke. As you can see I messed up the spacing at the front, but hopefully most won't notice, and after all, it's a rat.

When I see "Berkshire" and 1930s, this is what comes to mind. Considered at the time to be the very model of speed and efficiency, I wouldn't be surprised if your bike's label was based on it.

6a00d834ca83d669e2019b01382f46970d-pi

Deorman, thanks for that. Very cool.

I can find very little about this bike online. It was made for Steinfeld Inc. New York City. I'm assuming that was a dept store.

RM, hahaha! I won't point it out anymore.

I have to say it is coming along really nice, and as usual the wheelset makes the bike since I don't really do anything special to my builds. Nick was right, the gloss was a good choice. You have to see this in person.

ydeze6aj.jpg

8a4y5eha.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Uncle Fide. Ya Nick we do.

Oh yeah, looks sharp! :113: We have to get together some weekend for a build off bike ride ;)
Just make sure you can TOW an old man on a scooter!

Ian a number of your bikes have been all time favorites for me...This one looks like it's headed for the list also.

Thanks Larry, you're too kind.

Stole away to the garage tonight, much to my wife's chagrin. But anyway, I found a seatpost that fit, and made a bracket for Radsonne light housing. Can't really call it a light yet since it has no light. I'm hoping to find an LED light that will fit inside. The housing flips open easily.

by7a9y6u.jpg

utuzepyg.jpg

su8y8uva.jpg

etuseper.jpg

Cool I was thinking that light was smaller, but it's a perfect size. Love it!

Latest posts

Back