A new vintage bike for the lil' lady! Finally DONE!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote option 4, use handlebars.

They are on the way. I ordered them from the same company that I ordered the 3 speed conversion wheel from! Then, I had to call them and have them ship me the parts they had in stock so I could keep working on this thing............very frustrating!

Yeah, I am leaning towards option #2 , painting the fender. The weird thing is, in the picture into the garage, I think I like the chrome fender. In the picture out to the yard, I don't like the look, the chrome fender looks out of place. Just me?

When do we get to see the tank? The suspense is making me sick!
I am trying to decide whether to paint some scallops on the tank, chain guard, and rear rack or try and get a local shop to make up some vinyl decals that are similar to the originals.

Yeah, I am leaning towards option #2 , painting the fender. The weird thing is, in the picture into the garage, I think I like the chrome fender. In the picture out to the yard, I don't like the look, the chrome fender looks out of place. Just me?
Nice bike! i think the chrome rear fender equalize the look (frame red/fender chrome - Fork chrome/fender red) i vote leave it as is , but get a rear tire to match ;) btw: I absolutely love the brackets you added to the fork , never thought of that , simple, yet it change the look nicely

Thanks 1HP, I take that as a tall compliment from a fabricator such as yourself! I saw your tanklight build....I just didn't comment on it....cause was JEALOUS!:praise:

Thanks 1HP, I take that as a tall compliment from a fabricator such as yourself! I saw your tanklight build....I just didn't comment on it....cause was JEALOUS!:praise:
No problem , and thanks , Now I take that as a tall compliment :dontmentionit:
don't be jealous , i just had way to much time to waste at that moment lol

I got a little farther along today. I drug out an old English triumph stem and cleaned it up. I think it is a keeper.
00920.JPG

I love your bike stand.:cool2::cool2::cool2::happy:

Here is the front end pretty much complete except bars, fender, headlight......
01023.JPG

And an angle view. I think the crème duro tires match nicely.
01219.JPG

Dude, I gotta get a repair stand....SOON!

Last edited:
I like that bracket you put in the front forks. I'd thought of a similar thing dreaming up ways to allow for a few more inches of height with those springer forks. It's nice to see it carried out in real life. I like the looks.

When extending the fork, the bracket looks real cool when it is cut like a curved knife edge. Just don't extend it too far as it will put more stress on the fork. And using 2 bolts on the strut rod will add some strength.

That's Gunna be one fantastic looking ride :D, and yes those Cloud 9 Seats are comfortable indeed, and yeah i vote #2 and Paint the rear fender. as far as the chain is concerned, will it be red, or will you be using a chrome or goldish color chain ?

That's Gunna be one fantastic looking ride :D, and yes those Cloud 9 Seats are comfortable indeed, and yeah i vote #2 and Paint the rear fender. as far as the chain is concerned, will it be red, or will you be using a chrome or goldish color chain ?

Since I am probably going to paint the rear fender (the tribe has voted ), I think that a chrome chain will work nicely. I am working with too many shades of red already.

They are on the way. I ordered them from the same company that I ordered the 3 speed conversion wheel from! Then, I had to call them and have them ship me the parts they had in stock so I could keep working on this thing............very frustrating!

Yeah I were just yoking.. I learned long time ago,, ya gotta let the dreamer pick his/her own color. 1> that way it's not my fault but 2> it always comes out perfect once the dreamer put the pieces of the puzzle together themselves.

still voting option 4, she'll really appreciate a set of handlebars just in case she ever actually rides it.

They will be installed Monday (Tuesday at the latest) along with metalflake grips and streamers!!
Probably a couple more shades of red to deal with!

More mockup today, sorry Jeff54, still no handlebars! I'm hoping that my local vinyl decal guy can match the drawings that I have for my decals. Hey PedalBite, the tank is on in these pictures!

00431.JPG

00629.JPG

00719.JPG

As you can see, I painted the rear fender. And, I got tired of waiting for my 3 speed rear wheel and went ahead and mounted the rear tire to see how it looks. I am stoked about how things are coming together at this point.

What paint did you use? Is that Duplicolor Metalcast or Metal Specks?

Latest posts

Back